If you love to eat mages and enjoy their taste, you probably have the best fruit choice in the world.
Mango is considered the king of fruits because of its delicious and sweet juicy pulp. One thing is sure that eating mango is not that easy as you may have to deal with various things and stain is probably one of them.
Eating mango is not difficult because of any bad reason but it’s the juice that can drip off quite easily even if you put a little force on it. It is extremely necessary to take care of clothes while eating mango as it can cause some serious stains that may even reach a point that they cannot be removed, especially if the fabric is wool.
With that being said, you may ask how to take out mango stains from clothes? Well, this guide will answer all your questions about mango stains and their removal process.
What are the ingredients in mango
Mango ( Mangifera indica Linn ) is not just a tasty fruit but has a lot of health benefits as well. These benefits solely come from the ingredients in it. Mangoes include various kinds of nutrients, minerals, and vitamins that can allow you to stay fit.
Apart from this, eating mango can smoothen your skin while making it clear of acne and pimples as well.
Mango is also considered an anticancer. It can improve the digestive system while helping you control your weight as well. Some of the main ingredients of mango include:
- Vitamin B-6
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
Mineral elemental composition of mango seed kernel (mg/100g)
|Nzikou, 2010||Foromola, 2010|
Vitamin composition of mango (mg/100g)
|Vitamin||Value per 100 g|
|Vitamin C ( Ascorbic acid )||13.2–92.8 mg|
|Vitamin B1 ( Thiamine )||0.01–0.04 mg|
|Vitamin B2 ( Riboflavin )||0.02–0.07 mg|
|Vitamin B3 ( Niacin )||0.2–1.31 mg|
|Vitamin B5 ( Pantothenic acid )||0.16–0.24 mg|
|Vitamin B6 ( Pyridoxine )||0.05–0.16 mg|
|Folate total||20–69 µg|
|Folic acid||0 µg|
|Folate food||20–69 µg|
|Vitamin A||54 µg|
|Vitamin E ( α-tocopherol )||0.79–1.02 mg|
|Vitamin K||4.2 µg|
Does mango stain clothing
Although all the factors in mango are completely perfect and beneficial, its orange-yellowish juice can cause stains on various kinds of fabrics such as upholstery, clothes, and carpets. The basic reason behind mango satins is not the color of its juice but the sugar in its ingredients.
The sugar in mangoes can emerge inside the fabrics of the clothes and can cause a dark stain with passing time. You can get an idea by the fact that just as the sweet surgery water can cause satin on your clothes, so does the mango juice. The only difference is that mango satin is combined with yellowish-orange color as well.
Do mango stains come out of clothes
Yes, mango stains can come out of the clothes but you need to start the stain removal process in an immediate manner while using the right product in the right manner. Some things should be kept in mind and the basic one is that mango stains may not come out easily of wool or related fabrics because wool pulls and keeps the sugar molecules strongly inside its fabrics.
Talking about other clothes and fabrics, you can get the mango stain out of it even if it has been dried off completely. Not only can you take out the mango stains from the clothes but it is more than easy to get the job done in an efficient manner.
You can find most of the solutions inside your home or kitchen to entirely remove stains from clothes.
What can remove mango stains from clothes
You don’t need any strong or expensive products to remove stains from clothes as this job can easily be done using inexpensive household products such as white vinegar, lemon juice, dishwashing detergent, laundry detergent, soap, borax, baking soda, white wizard, biological detergent, OxiClean, WD-40, rubbing alcohol and many more.
These above-mentioned products can be used directly while some need to be mixed with water so that they can become safe for the fabrics of your delicate clothes.
Make sure you use the right amount of vinegar and rubbing alcohol combined with water because using more than enough ratios of such products can ruin your clothes permanently.
How to remove mango stains on clothes
- Make a good mixture of washing detergent with a good amount of cold water. Liquid washing detergent is recommended as powder detergent can emerge inside the fabrics of clothes.
- Sponge the stain properly with a soft cloth, tissue paper, or paper towels. Rub the stained area for a few minutes to break down the sugar molecules.
- Now blot the moisture from the stained cloth until you feel nothing is coming out of the cloth. Using baking soda can help you out in this regard.
- Wash off the cloth normally with a powerful detergent and repeat steps 2 and 3 a few times if you feel it necessary.
How to remove dried mango stains from clothes
Previous fruit stain removal guide, we show you how to use vinegar to remove pomegranate stain from clothes. Do you know vinegar can help to remove mango stains from clothes too? Please follow the below 4 simple steps.
- Use an expired credit card, plastic scraper, or knife to remove most of the dried pulp of mango from the stained area.
- Apply white vinegar and water directly on the stains and rub it gently with your fingers, cotton swab, or soft cloth.
- This will pull out all the stain residues from the clothes while making it easy for you to remove them completely.
- Now wash off your clothes properly with a biological detergent combined with warm water. This will be proved as the last nail in the mango stain coffin.
How to remove mango sap from clothes
- Rubbing alcohol such as isopropyl is probably the best option when it comes to removing mango sap from clothes. Apply rubbing alcohol most preferably 99%, 91%, or 70% isopropyl alcohol on the cloth.
- After scrubbing for a few minutes, mango sap will scrape off and detach from the cloth.
- Use a dull plastic scraper or an expired credit card to remove it easily from the surface.
- Pour a powerful laundry detergent inside your washing machine and set the water temperature to the maximum suitable for the fabrics of your clothes.
- Washing the cloth normally using the above-mentioned steps will most probably bring you the best results in an efficient manner.
Note: If you do not have 70% isopropyl alcohol, please read how to make 70% isopropyl alcohol from 91 guide.
Mango stains FAQs
What are the ingredients in mango lassi?
It can be said that mango lassi is just another name for a yogurt-based smoothie or milkshake. Yogurt, milk, sugar, honey, and mango are the essential ingredients of mango lassi. Some people like to add water as well.
What are the ingredients in mango salsa?
Mango salsa is a combination of various ingredients while six are the basics and considered essential to make perfect mango salsa. There should be ripe mangos, red onion, red bell pepper, lime, jalapeño, and cilantro. You can add other ingredients as well according to your taste and likes.
Does mango butter stain?
Mango butter is manufactured using the seeds of mangos and usually, it doesn’t stain. It is totally non-greasy and cannot get clogged with the clothes. This makes it less likely to get mango butter stains but they may stain in a few cases.
Does mango wood stain easily?
Mango wood can definitely stain your clothes and other material because of its brownish color. The wood usually has a bit of moisture in its pores which makes staining an absolute factor.
How to remove mango stains from tiles?
- Wipe off the pulp and stain by running warm water over the tile.
- Make a mixture of water and white vinegar to spray it directly on the stain.
- Wait for about 5 to 10 minutes and let the solvent work.
- Scrub the area with a soft brush and wash off the tile again with dishwashing detergent and water.
Do you want to learn how to remove coconut oil stains from clothes or how to get papaya juice stain out of clothes too?
“Your home is a representation of yourself, and it should only be filled with clean items that you enjoy and use”
Professional cleaning expert
My top 5 laundry secret cleaning tricks to save time