LG is one of the top companies when it comes to manufacturing electronic products ranging from LCDs to Laptops and TVs to many other Home Appliances. Washing machines are one of their products that are widely used around the world because of their top-notch quality, longevity, reliability, safety, and easy-to-use features. Even with all these benefits, the LG washing machine is an electrical product, and issues and malfunctions can happen.
The good thing is that the washing machine will display a specific error code that will be an indication of a particular problem in the machine. You just have to know what that error indicates, what’s its cause, and what to do to resolve the error.
To make things easier for you, we have gathered all these things in this article so you can resolve any error with convenience. If you are unable to take the error down even after implementing the suggested solution, you may seek the assistance of a technician for further diagnosis and servicing of your washing machine.
- This error occurs when water is exceeding the maximum safe limit of the washer.
- This can happen due to some defect in the water inlets or intake valves.
- Turn OFF the water supply into the washing machine by closing the intake valves. Make sure that they are properly connected to their intended place. Turn it ON again.
- If the error still resists, replace the water intake valves as they are faulty.
- The main motor of the washing machine is not operating or has been locked.
- This can happen mostly because of too much laundry in the washing machine which leads to overloading.
- Reset the washing spin cycle and restart it from the beginning.
- Turn OFF the washing machine, take some pieces of cloth out of the washer, and then turn it ON again.
- This error is reported by the LG washing machine when it is unable to drain the water out of the washer.
- The drain hose has kinks or it has been blocked because of too much fiber scrap or dirt.
- The drain pump is faulty or its filters are blocked because of fiber scarp.
- Thoroughly analyze the water drain hose to ensure there are no kinks. Remove dirt or scrap if it is blocking the drain hose.
- Pick up the drain hose and place it while keeping it straight if it was bent previously.
- Check the drain pump and its filters for any blockages. Replace the drain pump if needed.
- This error is reported only when the main door of the washer is not closing or locking properly.
- A piece of cloth or any other object is preventing the door from closing.
- The door locking mechanism is clogged or damaged.
- Check for any cloth or object and remove it if it is blocking the door from closing.
- Remove dirt build-up from the latches of the door as fiber scrap can stick over time.
- Pour water with good pressure or clean the latches with a cotton swab dipped in a cleaner or rubbing alcohol such as IPA.
- To reset the washing machine setting, turn OFF the machine by pressing the “Power” button. Press and hold the “Start” button for about 5 seconds. Now press the “Start” button again and the machine should be reset to its original settings.
- If the error persists, the door locking mechanism is faulty and needs replacement.
- This error occurs when the child safety lock has been activated and now the washing machine cannot be used normally.
The child safety lock is a feature that prevents kids from using the washing machine and getting hurt.
- Press and hold the “Child Lock” button on the washing machine panel for about 3-5 seconds. Release the button and the error code will be overridden and you will be able to use your washing machine as you normally do.
- These errors are displayed on LG washing machines when the clothes in the washer tub are not balanced.
- Towels, blankets, or some clothes are rolled into a ball and stuck in one place.
- Turn OFF the washing machine and take out the clothes that were rolled together as a ball. Separate them and then put them back into the machine. turn the washing machine ON and restart the washing cycle.
The manufacturer recommended putting just enough laundry in the washing machine. There should not be too few or too many.
Also, avoid washing extremely heavy garments in the machine especially if they are too long as well.
- This error needs proper focus because it occurs when the thermistor is not working properly or is completely broken.
The thermistor is an electrical part of the washing machine which has the sole purpose of detecting the heat of the washing machine and its different parts.
- Unplug the washing machine switch from the socket and wait for about 10-15 seconds. Put the switch back into the sockets and turn the washing machine ON.
- Push and hold the “Spin” button to the extent that “No Spin” is being highlighted on the machine. Now drain all the water out of the washer tub and start a new cycle.
- If the error persists, call a technician to check the thermistor for any defects or damage. Replace the thermistor if broken.
- This error is displayed on LG washing machines when there are too many suds in the washer.
- This can happen if you are using the wrong detergent in the washing machine.
- You may pause the wash cycle, however, it is better to wait for the wash cycle to end and then remove excess amounts of suds from the washing machine.
- Make sure that you are using the right detergent or HE detergent as this will assist in reducing the suds in the washer while running the cycle.
- This error occurs when the washer tub is not filled with water even after a long time.
- This can happen due to damaged hoses or issues in water inlet valves.
- Check the water inlet filter and make sure that nothing is blocking it. Remove if there is some dirt or fiber scrap build-up.
- Check the water inlet valves and make sure that they are turned ON to the maximum.
- Check and ensure that the drain hose is properly installed on the water inlet valves.
- Check the drainage hose for any kinks, bends, leaks, or something stuck in them. Fix the hose or replace it, if it’s too damaged.
- This error occurs when there was an unexpected power failure that abruptly stopped the washing machine during the wash cycle.
- If there was an overall power cut, the error should be gone after the power was restored to its full voltage and you start a new wash cycle.
- If you are still getting the error, check the power cord and switches to make sure that they are properly plugged into the power socket.
- Check the power breaker and make sure that it’s not tripped.
- This error occurs if there is some issue with the water level sensor.
- The water level sensor is not detecting or reading the water level in the washer tub, correctly and efficiently.
- Turn OFF the washing machine while unplugging the switch for about 10-15 seconds and then turn the washing machine ON again. Run a new wash cycle and see if it operates normally.
- If you are still getting the error, seek assistance from a technician to diagnose the water level sensor, its wiring and its connections.
- This error is an indication that the washer needs cleaning as its tub is filled with dirt, lint, mildew, mold, fiber scrap, and much more.
- Run water through the tub while drying it out at the same time.
- Add one cup of white vinegar along with a detergent dispenser or another cleaner in the washer. Run the tub clean cycle on your washing machine while making sure that there isn’t any laundry or an object in the tub. Let the cycle complete and clean the tub by itself.
This error can be displayed on LG washing machine due to multiple reasons such as:
- There was a short circuit in the electrical parts of the washing machine.
- Some issues with the wiring, connections, and connectors of different electrical parts and circuit boards.
- The main motor of the washer is defective.
- Press the “Power” button and turn OFF the washing machine and then unplug the switch as well. Wait for about 10-15 seconds and turn the washing machine ON again. Set a wash cycle and run it to see if it operates normally.
- If you are still getting the error, seek assistance from a technician to diagnose the electronics, wiring, and motor.
This is not an issue but an indication that the washing machine is cooling down after completing a laundry drying cycle.
- You should only consider it as an error if the washing machine’s cool-down period is not getting over even after a long time.
- Turn OFF the washing machine and wait for about 10-15 seconds. Once you turn back the washing machine ON, the cool-down cycle will be over and the error will be resolved.
- This error is triggered when any of the coupling parts of the washing machine is experiencing an issue.
- Seek help from a technician to diagnose and service your LG washing machine.
- This error indicates that the washing machine drawer is not completely locked.
- This can happen mostly because of something preventing the drawer from closing such as a piece of cloth.
- Pull the drawer toward yourself and push it again to close it properly.
- Remove the object which is blocking the drawer from closing.
- Clean the drawer slide, wheels, or latches using a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol.
- These errors are reported by the washing machine when the drawer is closed but not locked.
- Something is preventing the drawer from closing completely.
- Turn OFF the washing machine, open the drawer, and reclose it to take down the error. Restart the washing cycle after you have locked the drawer properly.
- Take a look at the drawer lid and make sure that you have removed the film as it can also prevent the drawer from locking.
- This error is triggered when something is stuck between the washing machine tub and the pulsator.
Mostly the foreign object will be a coin, paper clip, pin, or zipper from the laundry. Therefore, it is recommended to check the pockets of clothes before putting them into the washer.
- Look through the washer tub, especially its bottom, and remove any foreign object that you can see.
- Check the narrow areas or seams between the washing machine tub and pulsator to see if something is stuck in between.
To remove foreign objects from seams between the pulsator and washer tub, use a pair of clippers or tweezers as using your fingers may push the object further into the seam.
This error occurs when any of the two pieces of equipment are not working or installed correctly.
- The stacking switch is not installed or operating properly.
- SideKick is not installed as it should be. (This error mostly occurs in the LG Front Load Washer or Dryer while it can also be triggered in LG pedestal Washer.)
- Check and make sure that both these pieces of equipment are installed correctly and in their intended places. SideKick should be perfectly lined up with the washer.
- The “dL” error is about “Door Lock” and is reported when the door lock or door latch switch is not working smoothly or is damaged completely.
- It can also happen if something is stuck in door latches.
- Remove the cloth or any other foreign objects stuck in the door latch switch or lock.
- Check the door lock mechanism and if it’s faulty, replace it.
This is not an error but a situation in which the washing machine automatically starts draining the water out of the washer due to reasons like:
- The washing machine was paused during a wash cycle, left idle, and did not resume within the 8-minute limit.
- The washing machine was turned ON and left out idle without starting a wash cycle within 4 minutes.
- Just make sure that you don’t leave the machine idle for a longer period.
- Turn OFF the washing machine for about 10 seconds, turn it back ON, and restart the washing cycle.
- This error is caused as a result of some temporary dry function issue in the washing machine.
- Turn OFF the washing machine and unplug it for about 10-30 seconds. Insert the switch back in the socket and turn it ON and then start a new wash cycle.
- The “HE” is a “Heater Error” that can be triggered if the heater or heating system is experiencing any kind of temporary issue.
- Turn OFF the washing machine and unplug it for about 10 seconds. Put the switch back in the socket, turn it ON and then start a new wash cycle.
- If the machine is still showing the error, seek assistance from a technician to service your washing machine.
- The “SE” is a “Sensor Error” and can occur due to any kind of defect or fault in one of the sensors of the washing machine.
- Turn OFF the washing machine for about 10 seconds and then turn it ON again. Start a new wash cycle to see if errors go down.
- If the machine is still showing the error, seek assistance from a technician to check the sensors as they may be faulty and require replacement.
“Your home is a representation of yourself, and it should only be filled with clean items that you enjoy and use”
Professional cleaning expert