Issues and problems are bound to happen no matter what electric appliances you are using in your home. However, big companies like Hoover add a special feature of displaying error codes on their washing machine screens for user convenience. These error codes indicate a specific problem in the washing machine but you need to have some knowledge so that you can understand what a specific error code means.
For your convenience, we have gathered all the error codes along with their causes and solutions down here. If you are unable to take down the error even after implementing the suggested solutions, it is recommended to call a technician for assistance.
This error is solely related to the door lock mechanism and can happen if:
- The door is not locked properly.
- There is a piece of cloth blocking the door.
- The wiring or connections between the door lock and the main PCB are broken.
- The door lock mechanism is at fault and most probably needs replacement.
- Remove laundry or anything that is preventing the door from closing.
- Check the door lock mechanism for any damages or defects. Replace it if needed.
- Seek the help of a technician to diagnose the wiring and connections between the door lock mechanism and the main PCB as it controls all the electrical functions.
This error occurs if/when:
- The washing machine tank is not filled with water within a specific time.
- There are kinks or leaks in the water supply hoses or they are completely damaged.
- The water supply or the water inlet valves are blocked or faulty.
- Check for any kinks or leaks in the water supply hose. Replace the hose if it is damaged.
- Check water inlet valves and water supply taps to make sure that they are fully turned ON.
- Clean water inlet valves for any clogging. Replace the valves if faulty.
This error occurs if/when there is an issue in the drainage mechanism of the washing machine.
- The drain hose is blocked due to dirt or fiber scrap.
- The pump filters are dirty.
- The drain pump itself is faulty and cannot pull the water out of the washer tub.
- Look through the drain hose and take out if something is stuck in it.
- Make sure nothing heavy is placed on the drain hose as it can close the water supply.
- Clean drain pump filters to remove dirt build-up.
- Check the drain pump for any faults. Replace it if needed.
- This error occurs when there is too much water in the washing machine tank.
- If there is not much water but you’re still getting the error, the anti-flood protection mechanism is faulty or malfunctioning.
- Drain some water out of the washer if it is more than required.
- Seek help from a technician to check the anti-flood protection mechanisms for any faults or defects. Repair or replace as needed.
- This error is displayed on the Hoover washing machine screen when there is some kind of issue with its NTC (Negative Temperature Coefficient) sensor.
- The wiring and connections between the heating component of the washing machine and the NTC sensor are loose or broken.
The NTC sensor is a component that is installed in a Hoover washing machine to make sure that the water inside the washer tub is at the right temperature so that it doesn’t damage the laundry while running a washing cycle.
- It is better to just give a call to a professional technician or an electrician to come and check the wiring and connections between the heating element and the NTC sensor.
- Check the NTC sensor for any faults and replace them if needed.
This error can occur due to two reasons but you can easily see whether washing machines display this error because of the first reason or the second.
- If the machine starts showing this error as soon as it stops spinning or slowing down, this is a clear indication that the laundry is unbalanced in the washer.
- There is some issue with the main control board.
- Take some laundry out of the washer and see if the error goes away. It is better to Turn OFF the washing machine for about 15-30 seconds, turn it ON again, and start a new cycle after removing some laundry.
- Try changing the location of the washing machine to an even and balanced floor.
- If still getting the error, call a technician to check the control board of your washing machine for any faults.
This error can occur due to multiple reasons such as:
- The door locking system of the washing machine is not working efficiently.
- The wiring or connections of the main motor are loose or broken.
- The main motor of the washer is defective.
- Check the door lock mechanism to see if it is working fine. Clean the lock for any dirt or debris. Replace the locking system if needed.
- Seek help from a technician or an electrician to check the wiring and connections and repair them if damaged.
- Ask the technician to examine the washer motor for any faults to repair.
This error occurs due to multiple reasons in different parts of the washing machine, mainly:
- The motor speed sensor is not working efficiently.
- The spinning speed is increasing and decreasing without being consistent at one point.
- The washer spins too fast at a time and slows down after a few seconds. It can also happen that the spin stops completely and then starts spinning again after some time.
- Seek help from a technician to check the motor spinning speed sensor for any faults. Repair the sensor if it is defective or replace it if it’s completely damaged.
- This error occurs only if/when there was a short circuit in the motor triac of the washing machine.
- There is some issue with the washing machine control board.
Motor Triac is electrical equipment in the Hoover washing machine that operates and controls the spin speed of the washer during the wash cycle.
- Seek help from a professional technician to examine the control board and the motor triac for any faults or defects. In most cases, the motor triac will need to be replaced if not repaired.
This error code is displayed on the Hoover washing machine mostly in the older models, when/if:
- There are some issues with the washing machine timer that controls the wash cycle.
- The drum sensor is at fault and mostly needs replacement.
- Seek help from a technician to check the wiring and connections of the timer and drum sensor of the washing machine.
- Replace either of the components that are defective.
- If it is a two-in-one washing machine, this error occurs when the dryer sensor is faulty.
- If you are getting this error on a separate Hoover dryer, this can be a result of an open or short circuit in the dryer heater.
- Seek professional assistance from a technician or electrician to check the dryer sensor or dryer heater board for short circuits or any other issue in the dryer heater.
- Replace either of the components if they cannot be repaired or fixed.
- This error occurs when/if the main PCB (Printed Circuit Board) is unable to communicate with other parts of the washing machine.
- If you are getting this error on a separate Hoover dryer, this can be a fault in the dryer heater circuit.
Seek the assistance of a technician to:
- Check the wiring, connections, and communication paths between the main PCB and other parts of the machine.
- Check the dryer heater sensor for any faults or short circuits. Replace the sensor if needed.
This error can occur due to multiple reasons such as:
- The main PCB is at fault.
- An issue with the dryer heater of the Hoover dryer.
- There is some issue with the NTC (Negative Temperature Coefficient) sensor of the Hoover washer and dryer.
- Check the wiring, connections, and connectors of the main PCB of the washing machine. If there is some fault, replace the PCB.
- The dryer heater or its related mechanisms are facing some kind of issues. Seek assistance from a technician to check and resolve the issue.
- Check the NTC sensor to see if it is damaged or broken. Replace the sensor if needed.
This error can occur only because of two reasons.
- The control board or memory chip of the washing machine is defective.
- The main circuit board of the washing machine needs to be reprogrammed.
- Seek help from a technician to check the control board and memory chip of the washing machine and see what can be done.
- Call the official customer or technical support of the Hoover washing machine company and ask them to come home and reprogramme your machine circuit board.
- This error occurs when the water heater, water heating equipment, or any other related element is faulty, broken, or blown away.
- The fuse has been blown because of power tripping or sudden issues in the water heater.
- Seek the assistance of a professional technician to check the water heater for any faults.
- Check the fuse and repair or replace it if it has been blown away probably because of power fluctuation.
- This error is displayed on the Hoover washing machine if the motor tachometer is experiencing some kind of fault.
- The wiring or connections of the motor tachometer are loose or broken.
The motor tachometer is an important component that operates and controls the speed of a washing machine motor. It increases and decreases the speed according to the situation and condition of the machine.
- Seek the assistance of a technician to check the wiring, connections, and connectors of the motor tachometer. Repair or replace the wiring as required.
- If the tachometer of the washing machine motor is itself at fault, just replace it once and for all.
- This error occurs if there is some issue with the main control board of the washing machine.
The control board is like the heart of the washing machine just like the motherboard of a computer. It operates and controls all the functionalities of the washing machine.
- Seek assistance from a professional technician with good experience in washing machines to check the control board. Replace the control board if it cannot be repaired.
Make sure you contact a highly experienced technician because replacing the control board of a washing machine is a tricky job to do.
“Your home is a representation of yourself, and it should only be filled with clean items that you enjoy and use”
Professional cleaning expert