Pomegranate is considered one of the healthiest and tastiest fruits in the world. It is rich with plenty of health benefits in almost all aspects of the human body. This is the reason that people from all around the world love to eat pomegranates.
If you have tried to open the fruit by yourself, you will be fully aware of the fact that they require a lot of effort to get opened properly. This process of opening the pomegranate may stain your clothes and it is a factor that needs proper consideration. The question here is, how to get pomegranate juice out of clothes?
They have a very complex internal structure and you need an extreme level of care to take out soft seeds without crushing them. You should have all the necessary information about pomegranate and stains that come from the fruit as it can become a real issue while ruining your clothes forever.
There are various kinds of tips, techniques, and procedures that can help you out with this issue. This article will go through almost all minor to major aspects of pomegranate stains.
Does pomegranate stain clothes
Pomegranate is one of the few fruits that stain clothes, carpets, fabrics, or any other surface even if it is your skin. Pomegranate juice has a strong color that can easily affect or leave a mark on your clothes.
Although all kinds of fabrics and colors can get stained from pomegranate juice, light-colored clothes with relatively soft fabrics are more prone to such stains. Removing stains in these situations is also a bit more difficult as compared to other fabrics such as carpets or black color fabrics.
Is it hard to remove pomegranate stains from clothes
The answer to this question totally depends on how old your pomegranate stain is. If you start washing off your stains as soon as it has occurred to your clothes, there are huge possibilities that you will get perfect results with minimum effort.
The more time stain stays on your clothes, the more difficult it will become for you to remove it. There may come a time when removing stains from your clothes becomes completely impossible. This is the reason that you should start the stain removal process as soon as possible.
Apart from just clothes, pomegranate stains are hard to remove even from your skin. You may get red color marks on your skin and they can get hard with time. You may need to use lemon juice and washing soda to get them off your skin.
Does vanish remove pomegranate stains from clothes
Vanish has a great name in the washing detergents industry as it has the ability to remove the hardest of statins from the cloths or other fabrics without any hassle. This is the reason that people around the world think about this product whenever they encounter a hard stain such as pomegranate juice.
Simply add vanish in water (hot or cold) and let your clothes stay in it for some time. The experts and vanish professionals suggest that you should keep your stained cloth in vanish for at least 30 minutes. If you have got a pomegranate stain on white-colored clothes, your cloth may require to soak in and vanish for a relatively long time.
Will baking soda remove pomegranate stains from clothes
Baking soda can definitely remove stains from your clothes. It is often considered one of the best methods to remove extremely hard pomegranate stains while getting the best results. Using baking soda for stain removal purposes will prevent you from using bleach or related products as well.
As these methods will require you to wash and soak the cloth in hot water, it is highly recommended not to perform the process while having that stained cloth on.
How to remove pomegranate stains with baking soda
- Put some water in a microwave, tea kettle, stove, or any other heating appliance to boil it for up to 100 Degrees Celsius.
- Put about 1 or 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cup and pour boiling water into it. Make sure that baking soda is enough for the stain to be removed. Stir the water well so that baking soda can be dissolved in the water completely.
- Now pour this mixture into a big pot or some other thing and put your stained cloth in it. Let it stay in the mixture of water and baking soda for about 15 to 20 minutes if not 30.
- Now wash off your cloth with cold or normal tap water and rinse it thoroughly.
- Let it dry and launder as you normally do.
Will salt remove pomegranate stains from clothes
Salt can easily remove pomegranate stains from your clothes only if the stain is new and hasn’t become tough. Salt can act as an extremely strong detergent while taking every single residue of pomegranate juice out of your clothes.
You can start by running water on your cloth and scrubbing the stains while applying salt with your fingers. This will soften the stain and will allow you to easily get it removed either by just washing the cloth with the water or getting help from a detergent in the end.
How do you get pomegranate juice out of clothes
There are plenty of ways and methods that can help you get pomegranate juice out of your clothes. While some are perfect for this task, others are just good.
Below are the top two methods that can allow you to either remove stains from your clothes without vinegar or without washing.
How to get pomegranate juice out of clothes without vinegar
- The first thing here is to remain calm and take off your clothes but if it is not possible, don’t let the cloth move and make the stain even worse.
- Go to the water tap and run as much water as you can through your clothes. This will remove the juice to a greater extent leaving behind the actual stain that needs to be removed through further process.
- Now you can get help either from your pet enzyme cleaner or a common washing detergent. Take some and apply it right on the satin area. Keep on scrubbing the satins softly with your fingers.
- Once your detergent or pet enzyme cleaners have emerged completely into your clothes, let your clothes sock inside the water for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- After the time has passed, rinse your clothes thoroughly with the water. If the stains are still there, repeat the process one more time. This will surely stain your clothes.
How to get pomegranate juice out of clothes without washing
You will have to use water at some spots while removing pomegranate stains from your clothes no matter which method you choose. But if by washing you mean using a detergent for stain removal then there are some methods that may help you get the job done without washing.
You can get pomegranate juice out of your clothes without washing by using vinegar or lemon juice.
- Simply apply lemon juice or vinegar to the stain.
- Once the saint is completely soaked in the vinegar or lemon juice, let it stay there for about 5 minutes.
- After that, run water from the stained cloth and the stain will hopefully be gone.