Pomegranate is considered one of the healthiest and tastiest fruits in the world. It is rich with plenty of health benefits in almost all aspects of the human body. This is the reason that people from all around the world love to eat pomegranates.
If you have tried to open the fruit by yourself, you will be fully aware of the fact that they require a lot of effort to get opened properly. This process of opening the pomegranate may stain your clothes and it is a factor that needs proper consideration. The question here is, how to get pomegranate juice out of clothes?
They have a very complex internal structure and you need an extreme level of care to take out soft seeds without crushing them. You should have all the necessary information about pomegranate and stains that come from the fruit juices as it can become a real issue while ruining your clothes forever.
There are various kinds of tips, techniques, cleaning solution and procedures that can help you out with this issue. This article will go through almost all minor to major aspects of pomegranate fruit juice stains.
What color is a pomegranate stain
Pomegranates and every other pigmented fruit like blueberry and blackberries leave purple and red colored stains on the teeth.
Does pomegranate stain clothes
Pomegranate is one of the few fruits that stain clothes, carpets, fabrics, or any other surface even if it is your skin. Pomegranate juice has a strong color that can easily affect or leave a mark on your clothes.
Although all kinds of fabrics and colors can get stained from pomegranate juice, light-colored clothes with relatively soft fabrics are more prone to such stains. Removing stains in these situations is also a bit more difficult as compared to other fabrics such as carpets or black color fabrics.
Is it hard to remove pomegranate stains from clothes
The answer to this question totally depends on how old your pomegranate stain is. If you start washing off the Pomegranate juice stains as soon as it has occurred to your clothes, there are huge possibilities that you will get perfect results with minimum effort. If you don’t, pomegranate stain can become a persistent stain.
The more time pomegranate stain stays on your clothes, the more difficult it will become for you to remove it. There may come a time when removing stains from your clothes becomes completely impossible. This is the reason that you should start the stain removal process as soon as possible.
Apart from just clothes, pomegranate fruit stains are hard to remove even from your skin. You may get red color marks on your skin and they can get hard with time. You may need to use fresh lemon juice and washing soda to get them off your skin.
Does vanish remove pomegranate stains from clothes
Vanish has a great name in the washing detergents industry as it has the ability to remove the hardest of statins from the cloths or other fabrics without any hassle. This is the reason that people around the world vote Vanish as their favorite detergent whenever they encounter a hard stain such as pomegranate juice.
Simply add vanish in clean water (warm water or cold water) and let your clothes stay in it for some time. The experts and vanish professionals suggest that you should keep your stained cloth in vanish for at least 30 minutes. If you have got a pomegranate stain on white-colored clothes, your cloth may require to soak in and vanish for a relatively long time.
Will baking soda remove pomegranate stains from clothes
Baking soda can definitely remove stains from your clothes. It is often considered one of the best stain removers to remove extremely hard pomegranate stains while getting the best results. Using baking soda for stain removal purposes will prevent you from using chlorine bleach or related products as well.
As these methods will require you to wash and soak the cloth in hot water, it is highly recommended not to perform the process while having that stained cloth on.
How to remove pomegranate stains with baking soda
- Put some water in a microwave, tea kettle, stove, or any other heating appliance to boil it for up to 100 Degrees Celsius.
- Put about 1 or 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cup and pour boiling water into it. Make sure that baking soda is enough for the stain to be removed. Stir the water well so that baking soda can be dissolved in the water completely.
- Now pour this mixture into a big pot or some other thing and put your stained cloth in it. Let it stay in the mixture of water and baking soda for about 15 to 20 minutes if not 30.
- Now wash off your cloth with cold or normal tap water and rinse it thoroughly.
- Let it dry and launder as you normally do.
Will salt remove pomegranate stains from clothes
Salt can easily remove pomegranate stains from your clothes only if the stain is new and hasn’t become tough. Salt can act as an extremely strong detergent while taking every single residue of pomegranate juice out of your clothes.
You can start by running cool water on your cloth and scrubbing the stains while applying salt with your fingers. This will soften the stubborn stains and will allow you to easily get it removed either by just washing the cloth with the water or getting help from a detergent in the end.
What can you use to remove pomegranate stains
Pomegranate stains may be hard to remove, but the good news is, there is a wide range of cleaners you can use to get rid of the stains. You can make use of home-based cleansers or the counter cleaner. Some home-based cleaners you can utilize include; lemon juice, baking soda, liquid dishwashing soap, and vinegar.
Over -the-counter, options include; Mr clean multipurpose cleaner, Microban multipurpose cleaner, VEO active-probiotics surface cleaner, 7th generation all-purpose cleaners e.t.c. Every cleaner stated here is an effective pomegranate stain remover, however, before use, make sure any of your choices are safe on your cloth.
How do you get pomegranate juice out of clothes
There are plenty of ways and methods that can help you get pomegranate juice out of your soft cloth. While some are perfect for this task, others are just good.
Below are the top two methods that can allow you to either remove this tough stains from your clothes without white vinegar or without washing.
How to get pomegranate juice out of clothes without vinegar
- The first thing here is to remain calm and take off your clothes but if it is not possible, don’t let the cloth move and make the stain even worse.
- Go to the water tap and run as much water as you can through your clothes. This will remove the juice to a greater extent leaving behind the actual stain that needs to be removed through further process.
- Now you can get help either from your pet enzyme cleaner or a common washing detergent. Take some and apply it right on the satin area. Keep on scrubbing the satins softly with your fingers.
- Once your detergent or pet enzyme cleaners have emerged completely into your clothes, let your clothes sock inside the water for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- After the time has passed, rinse your clothes thoroughly with the water. If the stains are still there, repeat the process one more time. This will surely stain your clothes.
How to get pomegranate juice out of clothes without washing
You will have to use water at some spots while removing pomegranate stains from your clothes no matter which method you choose. But if by washing you mean using a detergent for stain removal then there are some methods that may help you get the job done without washing.
You can get pomegranate juice out of your clothes without washing by using vinegar or lemon juice.
- Simply apply lemon juice or vinegar to the stain.
- Once the saint is completely soaked in the vinegar or lemon juice, let it stay there for about 5 minutes.
- After that, run water from the stained cloth and the stain will hopefully be gone.
How to remove pomegranate stains from hand
Pomegranate stain is not something we all want to have on our hands, but the most interesting thing about the stain is that it can be easily removed with cleaners you can get from the comfort of your home. Check below for information on one of the simplest ways to get rid of pomegranate stains from your hand.
Cleaning with mineral water
- Clean the stained hand inside cold water.
- Pour mineral water on the washed hand.
- Use a sponge or towel to work the mineral water into the stain by rubbing it on the standing spot.
Note: When choosing your mineral water, make sure to choose plain mineral water because flavored minerals will not remove the stain. And also, make sure to apply moisturizer to your hands after treatment.
How to get pomegranate out of wood
When you spill your favorite pomegranate juice on your furniture, it gets stained, and because the wood surface is hard, the stain can be a little bit difficult. However, I have carefully simplified the process involved in removing the stains below.
- Make a solution from the mixtures of a tbs of liquid dishwashing detergent, a cup of cold water in a bowl.
- Dip a sponge onto this solution until it gets soaked.
- Dab the soaked sponge on the stain and blot as gently as you can.
- Dip another sponge or clean cloth into a cup of vinegar and blot on the treated spot.
- Keep blotting while you alternate between the vinegar and soapy water solution until the stain is completely gone.
- Once cleaned, soak another towel or cloth in cold water and blot on the treated spot to get rid of lifted stains and vinegar/soap solution residue.
How to remove pomegranate stains from the wall
Check below for information on how you can remove pomegranate stains from your wall.
- Make a solution from the mixtures of a tbs of liquid dishwashing detergent and a cup of warm water in a bowl.
- Dip a microfiber cloth in the solution and wring afterward to get rid of excess solution.
- Rub on the stained spot until the stains are completely gone. 4. Once the treated spot dries and you can still notice some stains, repeat the process over again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does pomegranate stain skin?
Yes, pomegranates can stain skin. There are only a few fruits that wouldn’t stain clothes, carpets, or any other surfaces. Pomegranate is not one of these fruits and will definitely stain whatever surface they don’t in contact with. Even if it’s your skin. Therefore, if you handle or process pomegranates frequently, watch out because they can actually stain your skin.
Does pomegranate stain your teeth?
Yes, pomegranate stains teeth. If you eat pomegranate or any other red pigment fruits like berries frequently, they are likely to dark red discoloration to your teeth.