I know the love you have for your cat is unconditional and you would do anything to see your little kitty happy. However, I am very sure of one thing, you cannot afford to have any of your home accessories whether it be carpet, furniture, or even your cloth stained with their pee or withstand the horrible smell of their urine. You will always make sure you find a way of getting rid of the stain and smells quickly as possible.
Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to get rid of stains caused by cat pee or its smell especially when it appears on delicate surfaces like dry clean only, couch, curtains, or fabrics. Many homeowners with this kind of accessory not sure of the best cleaning method often ask me, will dry cleaning remove cat urine? Will dry cleaning remove cat urine smell? This guide contains details about my usual responses as well as 6 useful steps on how to clean dry cat urine from the dry clean only couch. Step no.3 is crucial, keep reading for details.
Can dry cleaning get out cat urine?
Yes, dry cleaning can remove cat urine from any dry-clean-only surface. Cat urine is one of the trickiest stains to combat. This is because you will be fighting two things – the stain left behind by the pee and the pungent smell. Although dry cleaning will get rid of the stain and smell with the help of urine off products simply because their traditional cleaning method – Perchloroethylene will not get out the stain.
Does dry cleaning get out cat urine smell?
Yes, dry cleaning can get out cat urine. Do not be deceived by the strong offensive odor of your cat pee, it can be removed from your carpet or furniture by dry cleaning them. Every dry cleaning outfit has the right stain remover for every stain.
Will dry cleaning remove cat urine from the down comforter?
Yes, dry cleaning will remove cat urine from the down comforter. Do not worry, dry cleaners will help you get cat urine out of your down comforter. However, like I said, removing urine stain or smell from any surface is tricky, but when it comes to comforters, it becomes trickier because it they absorb liquid faster and may cause the pee to dry faster and easily.
Therefore, to make the job easier for the dry cleaners, make sure to keep the stained area wet before it is delivered to them. You can do this by pretreating the spot with a stain treatment or the mixture of water and stain treatment in equal parts.
Can rubbing alcohol clean cat urine?
Yes, you can get rid of cat urine using rubbing alcohol. Rubbing alcohol is one of the best cleaners for removing both cat urine odor and stain. This is because rubbing alcohol is a natural ammonia neutralizer and stain remover. The bad odor of cat pee is a result of ammonia present therein. Therefore, if you can get rid of the ammonia, you will be able to get rid of the smell for good. So by applying rubbing alcohol, you will be able to eliminate both the odor and smell of the urine without harming your pet.
How to get cat pee out of dry clean only
Even though you have limited cleaning options when it comes to getting urine out of dry clean only clothes, you can still remove the stain by yourself using home-based cleaners. However, you must be careful with cleaner sections and applications to avoid making silly mistakes that could cost you your clothes. Check below for detailed information on how to remove urine stains from the various dry clean-only surfaces.
How to clean dry cat urine from dry clean only couch
If your couch is dry clean only, your best bet at getting out the urine stain and smell if it is dry without having to take it to the dry cleaner is by cleaning it with an enzyme cleaner. Check below for the usage policy.
- Test the product on an inconspicuous part of the couch to check for any reaction. If there’s none, proceed to step 2.
- Place a dry old rag on the specific spot saturated with the urine and press it on the couch to soak up as much of the urine liquids as possible.
- Spray the stained spot generously with the Enzyme cleaner making sure the entire affected spot is covered and soaked with the cleaner.
- Leave the cleaner on the stained spot for about 15 minutes to allow it to soak into the stain and break down the acid in the urine.
- Pick another dry old rag or towel, place it on the treated spit, and press on the couch to soak up the enzyme cleaner. Change rag when one gets soggy with the cleaner and do this as many times as may be required until the cleaner is completely absorbed.
- Leave the couch to air dry. You do not have to rinse the cleaner, it evaporates.
How to clean cat pee out of dry clean only curtains?
Check below for information on how to remove pee from dry-clean-only curtains.
- Make a solution from the mixtures of equal parts of white vinegar and water.
- Apply the solution to the urine-soaked area and leave it to sit for several minutes before rubbing to get rid of the stain.
- Although optional, you can add baking soda liberally to help neutralize the odor of the urine.
- Rinse afterward and leave to air dry.
“Your home is a representation of yourself, and it should only be filled with clean items that you enjoy and use”
Professional cleaning expert