Sudocrem is an antiseptic used for treating all kinds of skin disorders like; Eczema, bruising, cut, scratches, skin dryness, and sore nose.
Just like Betadine, (an antiseptic I’ve written a lot about in my previous work) Sudocrem can also cause great discoloration on clothing fabrics. Sudocrem leaves oily/greasy stains on surfaces, so if you accidentally stain your fabric or upholstery with it, then you should be prepared to sacrifice your time because Sudocrem stains won’t come out easily.
Although, this article discusses in detail, the simplest and most effective ways to remove Sudocrem stains so you don’t have to worry about having to abandon your most cherished clothes.
What is Sudocrem made of
The primary use of Sudocrem is for the treatment of diaper rashes on babies, the use of Sudocrem on other skin conditions like those stated earlier is secondary. The presence of ingredients such as; Zinc Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Lanolin, Benzyl Benzoate, and Benzyl cinnamate in Sudorem makes it super effective.
Does Sudocrem stain
Yes, Sudorem can stain any surfaces from your skin to your clothing, upholstery, skin, carpet, hair, and even your bathtub if applied directly on it or it happens by accident. Sudocrem stain is oily/greasy, so it wouldn’t come out easily.
Therefore, it is important for anyone who has directly or indirectly stained any of the surfaces with it to treat almost immediately to prevent the stain from setting.
If the stain dries up, it’s going to make your job more difficult.
Does Sudocrem come out in the wash
Yes, Sudorem will come out in the wash. However, I wouldn’t say it’s going to be an easy task for you on any surface. Since Sudocrem stain is greasy, it is going to have a little bit of adhesive quality in it, which may make cleaning kind of tough. Although if you treat the stain almost immediately it happens, it is going to make your job much easier.
Sudocrem stain tends to be tougher on one surface than the other, so you might also need to consider which cleaning agent is best for the job.
Herein is provided, effective cleaners perfect for the job, with step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process involved.
What can remove Sudocrem stain
Like I said earlier, the kind of surface that has Sudocrem stain on it determines to some extent, how easy the stain will come off.
For example, Sudocrem stain will easily come out of fabric than when you have it in your hair. As a result of this, cleaners to be suggested here were carefully selected after considering the different surfaces that are likely to have Sudorem stains on them.
These cleaners include; Shampoo, Lemon juice, undiluted liquid detergent, and Oxiclean.
If you are familiar with my articles, I know by now you would be thinking “oh! Where are vinegar and baking soda?” Well, they can be used on Sudocrem stains too just decided to do away with them this time.
How to get Sudocrem stain out of carpet
You can remove Sudocrem stain from the carpet by following through with the steps provided below.
- Get as much excess Sudocrem stain out of the carpet as possible using a blunt knife or obtuse object you can find. Just ensure you’re not applying too much pressure so you don’t end up damaging the carpet or pressing the stain further into the carpet.
- Make a solution from the mixtures of lemon juice and warm water.
- Apply the solution to the affected area using an old toothbrush.
- Scrub the stained area with the toothbrush until the stain is completely gone.
- If the stain persists, repeat the process over again until it budges.
How to get Sudocrem stain out of hair
Getting Sudocrem stain out of hair can be a little bit challenging. This is because you have to be extremely careful when getting out the excess Sudocrem within the hair filaments.
The hair filament is very fragile, and one must exercise utmost caution most especially when it’s the kid’s hair we are dealing with.
Here’s a step-by-step approach to removing Sudorem stain from the hair.
- Remove as much Sudocrem stain as possible from the hair using a comb or a hairbrush. If it is your hair that you are trying to clean, get someone to help you with this step because you can’t remove as much as you need to by yourself.
- Apply shampoo directly on the hair without mixing the hair or shampoo with water.
- Wash the hair with the shampoo and make sure it lathers up for it to work perfectly.
- Wash the shampoo with water and check if the stain is completely gone.
- If the stain persists, repeat the process all over again until you don’t have any more stains within your hair.
How to get Sudocrem stain out of fabric
Fabrics material is notorious for one thing, they can easily absorb stains.
If you leave any kind of stain on a fabric, it’s only a matter of time before it escapes deeper into the fabric. You can get Sudocrem stain out of any fabric surface by following these steps.
- Scrape off excess Sudocrem stain on the fabric surface using a blunt knife or any obtuse metal object. Just make sure you are not applying too much pressure so that you don’t end up damaging the material.
- Apply the liquid dishwashing soap directly on the stained surface using a nail brush or an old toothbrush.
- Scrub the stained area with the nail brush/old toothbrush until the stain is completely gone.
- If stain persists, repeat the process until there’s no more Sudocrem stain on the fabric.
How to remove Sudocrem stain from clothes
Getting out Sudocrem stain from a piece of cloth can be tough. This is why I have come up with one of the easiest methods there is and carefully state it out in a step-by-step approach to make implementation easy.
- Get a spatula or a blunt knife and use either to scrape off as much excess Sudocrem stain on the cloth surface as you can with little pressure so that you don’t end up damaging the cloth.
- Back it up by cleaning any excess Sudocrem stain remnants with baby wipes with little pressure so that you don’t end up pressing the stain deeper into the cloth.
- Make a solution from the mixtures of liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water. This should be done in such a way that the amount of warm water will double that of dishwashing detergent.
- Apply the solution on the cloth using an old toothbrush or a nail brush and scrub as gently as you can until the stain is completely gone.
- If the stain persists repeat the process until the stain is completely gone.
- Once the stain is completely gone, rinse with cool water and wash the normal way.
How to remove Sudocrem stain from skin
Removing Sudocrem stain from the skin is not as challenging as other surfaces discussed earlier. You can easily get rid of sudden stains on the skin by following the steps provided below.
- Apply shampoo on the skin.
- Make sure it lathers up and rub continuously until the stain is completely gone.
You may also want to know
How to get Sudocrem stain out of black clothes
Getting Sudocrem stain out of a black can be so tricky. This is because the stain can easily blend in well with the color of the cloth. To remove Sudocrem stains from black cloth, follow the simple steps below.
- Dab a liquid detergent on the stained area and rub it in using an old toothbrush or a towel.
- Leave the detergent to sit on the cloth for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash the cloth in the normal way under the temperature that is safe for the cloth.
When cleaning your fabric/carpet/cloth, you must check the care instruction label that usually comes along with them. This is important to know the best way to wash your cloth without damaging them in any way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you eat Sudocrem?
No, you cannot eat Sudocrem. Sudocrem is a topical antiseptic, which means it has to be applied directly on the skin to cure skin irritation, rashes, scratches, cuts, and any other skin conditions. They are not to be ingested!
However, if by accident, or by negligence, you ingest the product, although it may not lead to a terminal consequence, it may cause vomiting, stomach upset, diarrhea, convulsions, and CNS stimulation.
Even though you might have heard or seen somewhere that one can only suffer from these underlying health conditions only if it is ingested in large amounts, it is best not to ingest it at all.
Will Sudocrem help Jock itch?
Yes, Sudocrem can be used to treat Jock itch. Jock itch is a fungal infection that affects the skin, mostly appearing on the inner thigh, groin, or buttocks and in some cases, may extend to the lower abdomen.
One of the symptoms of Sudocrem is itchy skin which can be easily cured by over-the-counter products with antibacterial and antifungal properties.
One of such products is Sudocrem, an antiseptic topical cream originally meant to treat dermatitis and diaper rashes.
Why is Sudocrem stinging my face?
Sudocrem contains certain ingredients like Benzyl alcohol which may irritate sensitive skin especially when you are suffering from Rosaceae.
Apart from being allergic to some ingredients found in Sudocrem because of the sensitivity of your skin, in general, itchiness, burning, dryness, and redness are one of the side effects of using Sudocrem.
Regardless of whatever may be the cause of this effect, you should visit a doctor once you notice any reaction to the cream after use.
What age can you use Sudocrem on a baby?
The good news is your baby does not have to attain a certain age before you can start to treat their skin conditions with Sudocrem.
Originally, Sudocrem is designed to cure nappy rashes and dermatitis on babies’ skin, which makes it suitable for babies of all ages even if they are just a few months old. However, because newborn babies have sensitive skins, it makes sense to be worried.
Sudocrem manufacturers foresaw this and designed a mild version of the product known as Sudocrem care & protect. This product is gentle on the skin and can be safely applied to babies of all ages.
Is Sudocrem safe for dogs?
Yes, Sudocrem is safe for dogs. Even though your dog will benefit a lot from applying Sudocrem on their cut or wounds, there are certain conditions you are expected to meet if it is to be applied safely on them without any harmful consequences.
The first condition is that you must not apply the cream on the sensitive parts of your dog, for example, the inner part of your dog’s ear and around the eyes. This will cause great discomfort for them.
Another condition you have to meet is that you have to apply only a little amount of the cream to the affected areas. This is because Sudocrem contains Zinc-oxide which is toxic to both birds and dogs. Ingesting too much of this substance can impact negatively on the health of your dog.
Will Sudocrem help smallpox?
Yes, Sudocrem will help with smallpox treatment. Although when it comes to effectiveness, Sudocrem may not be as effective as some other products like Eurax 10% cream at treating smallpox, it will help. This is because Sudocrem contains Zinc oxide.
Zinc is an important nutrient needed by the body to combat inflammation and infection. Therefore, by applying Sudocrem on your skin, you are conditioning your body to fight against the infection.
Can Sudocrem get rid of pimples?
Yes, Sudocrem can help get rid of pimples. Pimples are a result of infected and clogged oil glands. Pimples are a part of acne and Sudocrem is believed to be an effective acne treatment.
Therefore, Sudocrem will not only cure pimples but will also prevent them from reoccurring in the future because it will help clear the clogged oil glands.
Can Sudocrem be used for Psoriasis?
Yes, Sudocrem can be used to cure Psoriases. Psoriasis is a common skin disease that causes itchy scaly patches and redness, mostly appearing on the knee, elbow, scalp, and trunk.
One of the most commonly recommended treatments for this skin condition by doctors is Sudocrem because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. In fact, some people with psoriasis often describe Sudocrem as a miracle treatment.
Can you become immune to Sudocrem?
Yes, you can become immune to Sudocrem. Certain individuals are immune to antiseptics and disinfectants in general.
There are several reasons why this may happen. While in some cases, it may be inborn, some are a result of the acquisition of plasmids. If you are born or acquire this trait, there’s a greater chance that you may be immune to Sudocrem.
Can you use Sudocrem with cloth nappies?
Yes, you can use Sudocrem with cloth nappies. However, there may be a downside to using Sudocrem with cloth nappy. If you use Sudocrem with a cloth nappy, it may cause the nappy to resist urine which may lead to leaking.
One of the sure ways to keep the nappies clean in situations like this is by utilizing a fleece liner between the nappy and the Sudocrem.
“Your home is a representation of yourself, and it should only be filled with clean items that you enjoy and use”
Professional cleaning expert