WD 40 is one of the most popular stain removal products that can treat almost all kinds of stains in an efficient manner. It is a versatile cleaning product and can remove stubborn junk as well.
We all know that there are various kinds of chemicals and ingredients that can help in removing stains. Experts and common users claim that WD 40 is probably the best option that can be used to remove the toughest stains from clothes. This is the reason that this product can now be found in almost all regions of the world.
With all its good sides and beautiful results, one question still remains the same as, can WD40 stains clothes?
Does WD-40 stain clothes
The most prominent thing to talk about in WD 40 is that it is totally a petroleum-based lubricant. No matter how best it is for the stains removal process, it can still stain your clothes if you let it stay on the clothes for a relatively long time.
Also, the residues of WD 40 can sometimes get immersed into the soft fabrics of clothes resulting in a dull spot or stain. This factor is true but you can prevent this issue by washing off the clothes properly after applying WD-40.
Will WD40 come out of clothes
WD40 can definitely come out of the clothes as there are various kinds of methods and products that are effective for such purposes. Just make sure that you begin the stain removal process as soon as you get it on your clothes.
Do keep this fact in mind that WD-40 is well known for the stain removal process as it repels water and this thing can cause issues while removing the WD40 stains itself.
To deal with this issue, you need to remove the excess amount of WD-40 liquid from clothes before starting the washing process.
Does WD-40 remove oil stains from clothes
WD 40 can not only remove oil stains from clothes but it can be said that WD 40 is the best suitable solution for oily, greasy, and other related kinds of stains. It has the ability to first weaken the oil stains and then break them down into molecules.
This helps people to remove the oily stains in an efficient and easy way. Apart from just oil stains, WD 40 can also be used to remove other materials from clothes such as chewing gum, candle wax, melted crayons, etc.
How does WD 40 remove grease stains from clothes
- Start by removing the excess amount of oil or grease as soon as possible. You can get help from soft cloth, tissue paper, cotton swabs, or any other thing that can easily blot most of the grease from fabrics. This is the first step and should be taken as soon as you get satins on your clothes.
- Now put some baking soda and let it dry for about 10 to 15 minutes. If grease is submerged inside the fabrics of clothes, you can use an expired credit card or plastic scraper as well. Repeat this step a few times until you feel that baking soda is not getting wet anymore.
- Sprinkle a good amount of WD 40 spray on both the front and backside of the stained area.
- Let the spray work for about 3 to 5 minutes. This will break down the grease residues into small molecules. This makes the removal process easy as small particles will be easy to take out.
- Now wash off the cloth using a laundry detergent or dry cleaning solution.
- Let the cloth soak in the solution for a few hours or a full night if possible.
- Now put the maximum temperature on your washing machine that your fabric can bear.
- Wash your clothes in that warm water as you normally do.
Does WD-40 remove hard water stains
Getting hard water stains on different appliances, clothes, and especially toilets is a little more common. You will get these no matter how much you clean your showers and taps. The best thing that you can do is to use WD 40 for cleaning purposes.
Although there are plenty of other powerful products to be used for this purpose, WD-40 is recommended as it doesn’t include any harmful chemicals. It can remove hard water stains for almost all kinds of surfaces without damaging the material.
You only have to make sure that you apply the spray for the recommended time and never exceed that time limit. For example, clothes stains can be removed in just 3 to 5 minutes.
How to remove WD40 stains from clothes
Using Towel Paper, Pre Wash Stain Remover, and Laundry Detergent:
- Put towel paper or tissue paper on the stained area and replace the paper until it stops blotting liquid or doesn’t change its color.
- Make a mixture of water and laundry detergent. Using a pre-wash stain remover will be the best option.
- Put the cloth in that solution for about 10 to 15 minutes. Again apply the pre-wash stain remover and let it dry for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Now wash off the cloth in your washing machine as you normally do while using a good laundry detergent.
- Repeat these steps if some marks of stains are still left behind on the cloth.
Using Baking Soda, Sawdust, and Solvent:
- Use baking soda and sawdust to blot the excess amount of liquid.
- Make a solution of baking soda with any powerful solvents such as Isopropyl alcohol, kerosene, or acetone.
- Apply this solvent paste onto the stain and let it work for a few minutes.
- Wash the clothes completely with a strong detergent.
- The temperature of the water should be the maximum suitable for your cloth fabrics.
WD 40 stains FAQs
Does WD 40 stain wood?
It has been said earlier that WD 40 breaks down the stain into small molecules so that it can be removed easily. This fact will definitely damage the finishing or paint of the wood furniture which will result in a permanent stain on the wood. Such stains can only be removed by polishing the furniture wood again. That’s why using WD-40 is not much recommended for wood furniture, you can only use it by mixing it with a good amount of water.
Does WD 40 stain carpet?
Just like WD-40 can stain clothes, it can damage the carpet as well because they are almost the same in terms of fabrics. The most common side effect of using WD-40 on the carpet is that it can damage its original shine and color and sometimes make it totally dull as well. This is the reason that directly using WD40 is prohibited.
Does WD 40 stain concrete?
WD40 residues can get inside the pores of the concrete and can change the color of that specific area. You can easily remove such stains from concrete using baking soda as it will blot much of the liquid from the surface.
Does WD 40 stain walls?
Not if you remove or wipe off the WD40 from the walls just after spraying it. WD40 can only stain walls if they are painted and the spray stays on the wall for a long time. Because of its oil and petroleum-based ingredients, it will break down the paint and will leave a mark.
“Your home is a representation of yourself, and it should only be filled with clean items that you enjoy and use”
Professional cleaning expert