Everyone wants to keep their clothes clean and free of stains. For this purpose, you must be aware of all those things that can stain your clothes. It will help you avoid them and save your clothes from getting stained.
Today, we’ll be talking about Bepanthen! Does Bepanthen stain clothes? If yes, then how can you remove the Bepanthen stain from your clothes?
We all need answers to these questions because most of us already got Bepanthen cream in our homes.
This article will educate you about Bepanthen stains and everything else you need to know for removing and preventing them. Let’s go and explore what we got for you today.
What are the ingredients in Bepanthen
The very first thing we got to do is to look at the ingredients of Bepanthen as it will help us better understand the chemistry of Bepanthen stains and how to remove them.
Here are the common ingredients present in Bepanthen:
- Purified water – It is processed or filtered to remove all the chemicals, germs, and other impurities.
- Wool fat (Lanolin) – It is a fatty substance that is derived from the wool of sheep. It contains only 0.25% water. It’s used as an ointment because it can absorb water.
- Liquid paraffin – It is a highly refined mineral oil that is used for treating dry skin. It stops water loss from the skin’s outermost layer and prevents dryness.
- White soft paraffin – It is a form of petroleum jelly with many skin benefits. It keeps your skin naturally moisturized and protects it from cracks and dryness.
- Dexpanthenol – It works as a moisturizer and helps with the treatment/prevention of dry, scaly, itchy, and rough skin.
- Almond oil – It is obtained from almonds and provides a lot of skin benefits. It will keep your skin moisturized, naturally fresh, free of cracks, and dryness.
- White beeswax – It can create a protective layer on your skin and also works as a humectant. It attracts water and keeps your skin hydrated.
- Cetyl alcohol – It protects your skin from moisture loss, dryness, germs, and bacteria.
- Stearyl alcohol – It works as a lubricant and gives a smooth, soft, and nice appearance to your skin.
Does Bepanthen come out of clothes
Bepanthen can be very difficult to get out of the clothes.
The reason behind it is that Bepanthen is an ointment. It contains a lot of greasy and oily content which makes it difficult to get out of the clothes. You probably know how difficult it is to remove the greasy and oily things from clothes due to their sticky nature.
Only throwing them in the washing machine is not going to work for sure. You’ll need to put in some extra effort to get rid of those Bepanthen stains from your clothes.
If you don’t know how to remove Bepanthen stain from clothes then you don’t need to worry. We are here to guide you with every single step of that.
How to get Bepanthen out of clothes
Here are the steps you need to follow for removing Bepanthen stain from your clothes:
1. Get the required things
You’ll need a few tools, equipment, and material to get rid of those Bepanthen stains from your clothes.
We made a quick list to tell you about everything you will need:
Equipment you need:
- Plastic edge or knife
- Brush (must be soft-bristled)
- Soaking basin
- Washing machine
Materials you need:
- Clean water
- Laundry detergent (heavy-duty)
- Stain remover (spray, stick, or gel)
- Talcum powder/cornstarch
- Oxygen based bleach
2. Remove solid Bepanthen present over the surface
Take a plastic edge or knife and remove the solid Bepanthen present on the surface of the cloth.
Remove as much as possible and leave the rest of it. Avoid rubbing because it will cause the Bepanthen to further penetrate the fabric of the cloth, making it more difficult to remove.
3. Apply stain remover or laundry detergent
Take the stain remover and apply it over the Bepanthen stain on your clothes.Use your finger to properly absorb the stain remover into the Bepanthen stain.
We recommend you get a stain remover with lipase enzyme because it will help breakdown the oily and sticky content of Bepanthen stain.
If you do not have a stain remover then you can use a laundry detergent (must be heavy-duty) with stain-removing enzymes as an alternative.
After applying the solution, leave the clothes for about 15 minutes. Then take a soft-bristled brush and use it to scrub the Bepanthen stain. Rinse the stained spot with hot water and move to the next step.
4. Wash the clothes
Now wash the Bepanthen stained clothes in maximum hot water allowed on the care label of your cloth.
Once the clothes are washed then check if the stain is gone or not.
If the Bepanthen stain is gone then put the clothes in the dryer.
If the Bepanthen stain is still there then avoid putting the clothes in the dryer because the intense heat of the dryer will make the stains permanent and nearly impossible to remove.
5. Use oxygen-based bleach to remove dyes
If the Bepanthen stains are colored then it may also leave colored stains behind.
Mix oxygen-based bleach with cold water and create a solution. Put your cloth inside it for about 8 hours then check if the stains are gone or not.
How to remove Bepanthen stains from the sofa or carpet
If the Bepanthen stains are on your sofa or carpet then you can remove them easily with the help of our guideline below:
1. Things you need
Here is what you need for the whole process:
- Clean water
- Dishwashing detergent or carpet cleaning solution
- Plastic edge or knife
- Clean cloth (x3)
- Vacuum (it’s optional)
2. Remove the solid Bepanthen
If there is solid Bepanthen present on the carpet or sofa then you need to take a plastic edge or knife. Remove as much solid Bepanthen as you can.
Avoid rubbing or wiping because it will further push the Bepanthen deeper, making it even harder to remove.
3. Blot the stained area
Use a carpet cleaning solution or mix dishwashing detergent in 2 cups of cold water.
Take a white cloth a dip it into the solution and start blotting the stained area of the sofa or carpet.
Keep blotting until the stain is gone and everything’s normal again.
4. Rinse the solution
Take another clean white cloth and dip it into clean water. Use it to completely clean the solution you have applied over the surface.
5. Dry the area
Take a dry cloth and use it to blot the area of the carpet or stain.
Use a vacuum to air-dry the spot and lift the fabrics again.
How to prevent Bepanthen stains from clothes
Stains are inevitable. Does mio stain clothes too?
You can get a stain anywhere. The best way to prevent Bepanthen stains is to clean the stains as soon as possible by following our given guidelines. Avoid any delay because it will make the stains harder to remove.
Would you like to learn how to remove rubber stains from clothes, how to get paintball stains out of clothes or how to get pomegranate juice off of clothes too?