Does lipstick stain clothes? Applying lip gloss is one of the activities that women have to do on an almost daily basis. Although women take a lot of care while doing their makeup, there are still possibilities that you may get a stain of your lip gloss on your beautiful and expensive clothes. Even if this stain will not harm the fabrics of your clothes, it can affect your dress’ charm and attractiveness.
The main issue occurs when you get lip gloss on your clothing right before going to an event. This is the time when you look for tips that can allow you to remove lip gloss in minimum time. This is the part where most of the women may ask, how to remove lip gloss from clothing?
There are plenty of tips, techniques, and methods that can help you to remove lip gloss from your clothes while taking care of the fabrics as well. One thing that should be kept in mind is that you should choose the methods that suit you the best and can allow you to get lip gloss out of your clothes in an efficient way.
It is recommended to start the process of removing lip gloss from your clothes as soon as it takes place on the fabrics. Ignoring the stain or letting it dry may make it difficult for you to remove the stains easily and effectively. This article will go through almost all minor to major aspects of lip gloss and removing it from your clothes in various ways.
Can vinegar remove lipstick stains
Vinegar can remove lipstick stains from your cloth in an efficient way. White vinegar is recommended and forming a mixture of white vinegar with some amount of salt can bring much better results.
Simply apply this mixture to the stained area and rub the paste on the cloth gently with the help of your fingers. Keep on doing this process for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Wash off the cloth with water after removing the paste using a soft cloth, paper towel, or expired credit card. Repeat the procedure one more time if the stain still remains on the cloth.
Will Oxiclean remove lipstick
OxiClean is one of the few stain removers that were specially designed to deal with oily and greasy stains such as lipstick or lip gloss.
The composition of OxiClean stains remover makes it extremely powerful. It has the ability to remove every single residue of lipstick or lip gloss from the fabrics of your clothes whether the stain is new or has been dried out.
One of the best things about OxiClean remover is that it is totally chlorine-free which means that it can assist you in removing lipstick stains without causing any major damages to your clothes or their color.
Reference: does oxiclean really work on clothes
Does hairspray remove lipstick stains
Honestly speaking, hairspray itself does not remove lipstick stains from the clothes but the amount of alcohol in its composition helps you out. Hairspray can be proved as one of the most effective, efficient, and powerful tools to get rid of lipstick stains in a quick manner.
Experts and professionals suggest using hairspray for this purpose that includes an excessive amount of alcoholic ingredients. This will make lipstick stain softer and will get it out in an appropriate manner.
Does Shout remove lipstick
Shout is one of the best products for the pretreatment of lipstick stains. It is preferred for oily and greasy stains, so lipstick stains are. It has the ability to make stains extremely soft and break them down to the core. This factor allows women to easily get lipstick stains out of their clothes in no time.
What removes lipstick stains
There are plenty of options, products, and household ingredients that can help you to remove lipstick stains. Some of the most effective and commonly used for stain removing purposes include the following:
- Alcohol or Any Alcoholic Products
- Hair Sprays
- Vinegar (recommended White Vinegar)
- Acetone Based Nail Polish Remover
- Mineral Spirits
- Lemon Juice
- Baking Soda (mixed with other ingredients i.e. Lemon Juice)
- Solvent Detergents
- Laundry Detergents
- Quality Stain Removers
- Toothpaste (paste, not gel pastes)
How do you remove lip gloss from clothing
Lip gloss can leave an oily or greasy effect and you need to choose the methods that are best capable of removing oily stains. Solvent detergents and laundry detergents could be the best choices when it comes to removing lip gloss stains from clothing.
- Firstly, you need to remove excess lip gloss from your clothes. This step can be done efficiently using a plastic scraper, credit card, gift card, or any other related material.
- Put the stained area of the cloth in hot water to start pre-treating the lip gloss stain.
- Pour some solvent detergent or laundry detergent on the stained area and scrub the point with your fingers or soft washing brush. Get the detergent that works best for oil or grease stains.
- Previous steps will make your cloth appropriate to move towards the laundry. Now put your cloth in boiling water for washing purposes.
- You should use a washing machine in the hottest settings and if you opt to do it with your hands, use some equipment such as thongs to handle the cloth without hurting or burning your skin.
- To make sure that no lip gloss residue is left behind in your cloth’s fabrics, let your cloth air dry.
- If there are no residues left behind, put your cloth in the dryer or dry as you normally do.
How to remove lipstick stains from clothes after drying
If you get lipstick stains on your clothes and let them stay unattended for a long span of time, there are huge possibilities that the lipstick will dry out completely. If they get dry, removing them through washing or traditional methods may not get you the best results you want. You need to get help from some extra powerful things such as stain removers.
- Start by scraping off dried lipstick from your cloth as much as possible. Take special care of the cloth and try to perform this process gently so that you don’t damage the fabrics of your clothes.
- Acetone-based nail polish remover is a great choice when it comes to removing dried lipstick stain from cloth. They have been proven to deal with almost all kinds of stains that come from makeup products just like they can remove nail polish from your nails.
- Mineral spirits can also assist you in this regard and can easily be found from nearby medicos or pharmacies.
- You need to take care of the fact that these ingredients can interact with the fabrics of your clothes and may affect their color as well. It is recommended to test the product by applying it on the corner of the cloth that is not usually visible.
- After applying the remover and getting lipstick out of your clothes, you will not have to wait for the drying process. We all know that acetone-based nail polish remover and spirits have the ability to dry out in seconds.
- This factor can be extremely beneficial when you need to clean clothes in a quick manner without getting late or canceling an event.