There may not be a single person on this earth who doesn’t like the sweet voices of birds in the morning. For most people, this is one of the best things that they can experience right after waking up from sleep. No doubt having birds around their house is a dream of every person but there are some issues as well.
The whole sweet experience becomes dull when you get out of your room and see that the birds have pooped on the house’s walls, floor, etc. Where seeing poop on your beautiful house’s concrete is disgusting and an unpleasant experience, removing stains from the surface can also be a big deal. One of the most frequently asked questions about this topic is, how to clean bird poop off concrete?
One of the worst things about bird poop is its extreme level of acidity. Experts and professionals claim that if bird poop stays at a concrete place for a long period of time, it can cause damage to concrete or may start eating it as well. It is highly recommended to remove bird poop off the concrete as soon as possible. Even if you have left it for some time unattended, it would be best to remove it whenever you get a chance or time.
Letting poop stay on the concrete can also mitigate the charm of your house and may ruin your reputation as well in front of your guests. Below is a detailed discussion of almost all minor to major aspects of the issue.
What dissolves bird poop?
If you want to simply get rid of bird poop from the surface, a water hose can do the job for you. But you should look for some best options that can really dissolve bird poop while removing stain to a greater extent.
Using baking soda will be a great option when it comes to blotting every single residue of bird poop from concrete. Just put baking soda on the stained area and it will absorb as much material as possible in about 15 to 20 minutes.
Apart from this, sawdust can also get things right. Sawdust is the waste or by-product of wood that is usually produced where woodwork is done in an immense amount. Sawdust also has the ability to soak and absorb poop off the concrete and may bring you the results just like your desire.
Can vinegar remove bird poop
Vinegar can help you in removing bird poop from concrete as its acidity can break down the stains into microparticles. In this way, removing bird poop stains from concrete can become an extremely easy job. If you choose white vinegar for cleaning purposes, mixing it with water should be considered.
One thing that should be kept in mind is that vinegar can affect the paint because of its extreme composition. Although vinegar is recommended to be used on concrete, it is not the best product to be used for removing bird poop from cars.
Will WD-40 remove bird poop
WD-40 is probably the fastest, effective, and powerful product that can be used to remove birds’ dry poop stains in an effective manner. The main motto of WD-40 is “Magic In a Can ” and this phrase can definitely give you a clear idea of what WD-40 can do.
Using this is also an extremely easy job as it comes in a spray can. Simply spray some drops of WD-40 onto the stained area and let it stay for some time. If you are using this on a car, it may not take more than a minute but using concrete may take a few minutes to completely remove stains from the surface.
How harmful is bird poop on granite stone
Granite stones are more than common in almost all regions of the world and people love to install them on their house floors because of their charm and attraction. Bird poop may seem a simple issue but it can lead to major damages if left unattended. Birds poop is acidic and it can start eating the stones or may get inside the stone’s pores.
This cannot only affect the color and shine of the stone but may make it weak as well. This thing usually happens where birds are more common and having poop on your stones becomes a normal thing to see.
Is bird poop toxic to humans
Bird poop is toxic to humans and breathing in the droplets of water and dust coming from the poop can cause various kinds of diseases and health issues as well. Some of the most common issues that can solely happen because of bird poop include diarrhea, psittacosis (flu-like disease), and salmonella.
What is the best cleaner for bird poop
Various kinds of cleaners can work efficiently to deal with bird poop stains. Where you can find plenty of cleaners from the market, some can be formed at your own house as well. Below is the list of some best cleaners for bird poop:
- Water + Baking Soda
- White Vinegar + Water
- Poop-Off Bird Off Remover
- Hydrogen Peroxide
How do I clean bird poop off concrete
Cleaning off bird poop from concrete is not a difficult job especially if you know the right way to do it. One thing that should be considered is that you should not hurry as it may result in getting some poop on your clothes, especially if it’s not an old stain.
Although removing bird poop immediately would be more than easy, removing an old stain is not that hard as well. Below is the right step-by-step procedure that will allow you to get the job done in an efficient manner.
- Removing the excess amount of poop from the concrete is very important to make the process easy and less unpleasant as well.
- Garden hose or any other pressure hose will do the best for this purpose. Run a lot of water over the concrete until only the stain has been left behind on the surface.
- Put a good amount of dishwashing detergent or any laundry detergent over the stained surface and start scrubbing the area with a brush.
- This will not only make the stain soft but can remove most of the poop residues that are embedded deep down in the concrete surface.
- Now sawdust that can be found on any wood market will help you out. Put a good amount of sawdust on the area without rinsing the standing water in the concrete.
- Let sawdust stay on the concrete and work for about 20 to 30 minutes. This will blot most of the water, soap, and poop residues from the concrete.
- There are huge changes that most of the stain will be gone after all these processes. You can move to the next step if there are still some tracks or marks of the poop left on the concrete.
- Make a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and ammonia (usually 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and few drops of ammonia are enough for this purpose).
- Cover the whole stained area with the mixture and let it work for some time. You can again use sawdust for bolting purposes or simply wash off the concrete with water.
Recently we also published an in-depth guide in regards to how to get bird poop stain off clothes. Please read it if interested.
Curious to know will muriatic acid clean oil stains from concrete and is zoflora good for cleaning floors too?