It’s quite common for home mechanics to change the oil in their automobile or fix a lawnmower on either a garage floor or a concrete driveway. We’ve all been there!
After a few hours of working on our automobiles, we notice a lot of oil on the floor. Most driveway, sidewalk, and garage floor stains may be identified by their dark brown or black color in form of droplets. However, a variety of ways are available to lighten and remove oil stains from the floor. Many of these methods involve common household materials that most people have in their homes.
A few bucks can be saved by performing DIY repairs, but they still leave ugly oil stains. But don’t worry, as there is an affordable solution to this problem in your fridge: Coca-Cola. Yep, that’s right!!!
As a result of the soda’s acidity, the grease streaks can be safely rinsed away. Now you might be thinking about how to remove oil from concrete with coke? Well, you need to look below to find that out!!!
What ingredients is coke made of
Coca-Cola is one of the most well-known brands in the world, and its distinctive flavor is known to people from all over the world. A Coca-Cola bottler makes the drink from concentrate, which is transported to Coca-Cola bottling factories.
This soft drink’s exact formula is a closely kept trade secret even though some of its components are publicly known. Here are some of the ingredients known to exist in Coca-Cola.
- Concentrate: This concentrate is produced by the Coca-Cola Corporation and sold to independent bottling companies and big restaurants. Thereafter, a paste of sugar and water is combined with the concentrate to produce “fizz,” which is subsequently carbonated. As a result, the Coke product is ready to be bottled, packaged, and marketed in two-liter or fountain beverages based on Country preferences.
- Water: Coca-Cola contains about 90 percent water. What gives the drink its “fizz” or “bubbles” is purified carbon dioxide.
- Caramel: An extremely specialized caramel is created just for Coca-Cola to provide the drink with its distinctive shade of brown color.
- Sweet Flavor: The sweet flavor of Coca-Cola comes from high-fructose corn syrup and sucrose. Two drinks Coca-Cola zero and diet Coca Cola are sugar-free.
- Phosphoric Acid: To give Coca-Cola its tartness, it uses phosphoric acid.
- Caffeine: Caffeine is responsible for the mild bitterness in Coca-Cola’s flavor.
- Coca Leaf: To flavor Coca-Cola, the company utilizes coca leaves that have already been through the cocaine-extraction procedure. Before the production of Coca-Cola concentrate, technology allows for the elimination of all traces of cocaine from the coca leaf.
- Other Natural Flavors: This is known to be secret and is yet to discover.
The above-mentioned ingredients are what completes the delicious Coca-Cola, which you can also use for cleaning floors.
Can coke remove stains
Aside from being a sweet-tasting carbonated beverage, Coca-Cola has a broad range of purposes, from removing rust staining to tenderizing meats, and cleaning stains. Using Coca-Cola in place of chemical-laden cleansers may sound weird, but there are several methods to do it. How does it do it?
Well, Coca-Cola has acidic nature. Its acidity combined with a huge amount of sugar and carbon dioxide helps in removing stains, rust, and more. The sugar quantity causes the cold drink’s mixture to stick with the particular area containing any stain or rust and the acidity then acts. Once the action is completed, rinse the place off with luck warm water, and you’ll be left with a surprise.
In our childhood, we were always scolded for drinking too much Coca-Cola, as our moms would always tell us that: It’s not good for you!! It is unhealthy!! Don’t drink it too much!! Etc. Well, now you know why!!! It’s because the drink has a lot of sugar and even the color it has is also a form of sugar (caramel). Plus, the drink is acidic, so it’s not good for your health for a reason.
What stains does coke remove
A lot of people after knowing coke can do wonders did various experiments with it in terms of cleaning household items. To their surprise, they found out that coke can clean many types of stains like blood stains, oil, and foul odors from garments, according to Good Housekeeping magazine. Not to mention they can even clean stains on your laundry. That pesky little stain that won’t come off!!!
Let’s look below to check out the type of stains it can remove.
1. Stains on your clothes
As per housekeeping magazine, coke can remove a lot of different types of stains on your clothes including bloodstains, ink, ketchup, chocolate, oil stains, and even that nasty odor. Simply, pour a can/half-liter bottle of Coke into the washing machine and run the cycle as usual. The Coke will pull up the stain and smell and wash away with it, leaving your clothes clean and fresh.
2. Rust and bowl spots on your toilet
If you have rust stains on your toilet, Coca-Cola can help you remove them. The coke’s mild acidity can be used to erase stains of all types. This is the number one cleaning advice for Coke users, according to the experts. As the ultimate Coke hack, it appears in every blog article on cleaning hacks for Coke.
Simply, pour a can of Coke over the porcelain rim, let it sit for a few minutes, and then flush it down the drain. There will be no more stains and other unmentionable residues.
3. Rust stains
Are your vintage golf clubs starting to rust a little? You’ve been thinking about getting new ones? Spend $1.25 on a can of Coke and save yourself a lot of money. The citric acid in Coca-Cola makes it a great rust remover.
Coke can be used to soak outdated golf clubs for 24 hours. Then, rinse with water to get rid of any sticky residue that may remain. From golf clubs to pennies, you can apply this method on any surface. As a result of coke’s characteristics, rust particles can be broken down and cleaned up much more easily.
4. Petrol, diesel or any other oil stains on floor
Have you ever spilled Coca-Cola on the floor and noticed how effective it was at cleaning it up? You probably didn’t realize that cola is fantastic to clean the tile grout.
Just pour some cola on the area, let it soak for a few minutes, and then wipe it clean with an old towel. Grout should be scrubbed with a toothbrush to remove stubborn stains before wiping the area clean.
Does coke remove oil stains from concrete
Got motor oil spilled on the floor?? Don’t worry!! A stain (oil or else) will always be easier to remove if you detect it right away. However, there is more work and effort needed in removing older oil stains.
In certain situations, there is a way to utilize a collection of tools that may be quite useful that’s of course “Coca-Cola.” This is due to Coca-acidity, which makes it an excellent choice for cleaning or dissolving old motor oil stains.
Coke’s strong acidity will slowly eat away at the stain if you pour it over it and let it sit for a couple of hours before removing it. As soon as you wake up in the morning, throw a bucket of warm water and a little amount of dishwashing liquid or laundry detergent over the Coked and discolored area.
Why coke can remove oil stains
The reason why coke can remove oil stains is due to its acidic nature. The drink contains acidity, combining a lot of ingredients that cause acidity. The phosphoric acid in Coke has grease-busting properties. As a result of the soda’s acidity, the grease spots will loosen and will be safely and effectively removed. Just pour some coke on the spot and leave overnight. And throw lukewarm water on the coke placed area and you’ll see the magic happen.
How to remove oil from concrete
As mentioned previously, oil stains can be removed from the concrete floor easily. Three options for you to choose from.
How to remove oil from concrete with coke
- Pour some coca cola over the oil stains of concrete and let it sit for a couple of hours or overnight.
- In the morning, throw a bucket of warm water and a little amount of dishwashing liquid or laundry detergent over the Coked place. Then you’ll notice the spot clean, looking good as new.
How to remove oil from concrete with baking soda
- Cover the greasy areas with a powder such as a cat litter or baking soda. The stained area should be covered with warm water if you’ve waited and it hasn’t dried yet.
- If the stain is still wet, cover it with absorbent powder, then scrub it gently with a wired brush or similar brush, in a circular motion. The stained area should be covered with warm water if you’ve waited and it hasn’t dried yet.
- If the stain is still wet, cover it with absorbent powder, then scrub it gently with a wired brush or similar brush, in a circular motion.
How to remove oil from concrete with dishwasher detergent
- Take about a cup of dishwasher detergent (powder) and sprinkle it over the stain.
- Boil 2-3 cups of water and let it sit for 5 minutes before using (you may need more depending on the size of the stain).
- Pour the boiling water on the discolored spot with caution.
- Next, take a wired, or similar brush and gently clean the area, then rinse it with extra hot water to remove any remaining residue.
And there you have it, ways to remove stains from a concrete floor.