Everybody loves Hot Cheetos! Who wouldn’t, anyway? But, just as much as you enjoy munching on these snacks, the stains they create are a completely different story. This is why if you happen to be a big fan of this snack, you need to learn how to remove Hot Cheeto stains in the best and most effective way possible.
Do Cheetos stain clothes
Yes, Cheetos does not only stain your fingers because it can also leave nasty marks anywhere they land, including your clothes. Once they hit your clothes or even your carpets, their orange powder may seem almost impossible to get rid of.
Cheeto stains can get quite stubborn and tough to remove. The good news is that there are some products and techniques that have been discovered to be effective when it comes to eliminating these annoying stains.
Do Hot Cheetos stains hard to clean
Yes, stains of Hot Cheetos are hard to clean and tricky to remove thanks to the food coloring they are made with that comes in a bright color. Just so you know, food coloring that is in powdered, liquid, or gel form is completely harmless to use. However, most of the time, food coloring is concentrated that can easily and quickly cause stains on your clothes, carpet, and furniture.
Consider yourself luckily because most of the time, it is really not that hard to get rid of these stains and sometimes, this can be done with the use of the usual laundry supplies that are already available in your home.
Food dyes and coloring can dry off rapidly. This means that you should address the Cheetos stains right away to remove them faster and easier.
Do salt remove Hot Cheetos stains
With its deadly staying power and dangerously cheesy flavor thanks to the food-coloring stains, the Cheetos dust tends to set super fast. Sadly, salt cannot remove stains of Hot Cheetos. What you can do instead is to use cold water to sponge the dust.
Treat this with your stain remover and wash it off. If this is not enough, you can mix one gallon of cool water and ¼ cup of chlorine bleach. Soak this for a minimum of 30 minutes. After that, rinse and wash.
How to remove Hot Cheeto stains from clothes
Stains of Hot Cheeto could ruin your light-colored clothes. Their stains can be notoriously hard and stubborn to remove because the powder has the tendency to set quite fast.
If you have noticed Hot Cheeto stains on your clothes, the first thing you need to do is sponge the affected area with cold water. Afterwards, use an effective stain remover to treat the site and wash it as usual.
If ever this is not enough to get rid of the stain, you can prepare a cleaning solution by combing one gallon of cool water with ¼ cup of chlorine bleach. You can soak your garment in the solution for a minimum of 30 minutes before rinsing thoroughly and washing normally.
How to remove Hot Cheeto stains from fingers
Every time you eat your favorite Hot Cheeto, you surely notice a change with your fingers. Hot Cheetos can leave behind that reddish orange color on your skin that definitely looks terrible.
These stains can be very stubborn because of their color. This is why it is important to take extra care whenever you eat these favorite snacks of yours.
But, aside from being careful, you can still follow some effective tips to get rid of Hot Cheeto stains from your fingers.
- The very first thing you should do after you finished eating Hot Cheeto is to wet your fingers first. It will also be a good idea to use water to rinse your entire hand. Once you are done with this, you can then use regular water to rinse your hands and easily remove excess Cheetos.
- You can now apply some baking soda on your fingers and hands. This works as an effective exfoliating agent for your fingers or hands that makes it effective to use. However, just make sure that you avoid letting it sit on your hands for a long time. You also need to check if it is suitable for your skin or not.
- Nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol can also be used on your hands if there is no baking soda available or you don’t like to use it. Rubbing alcohol can work great although nail polish remover could make your skin a bit dry.
- Another great option you can try to use is to apply hydrogen peroxide. This can work like gentle bleach and can also be applied on fingers or hands. Once again, check if this is suitable for your skin or not. Apply and rub this on your hands for a while.
- Once you are done rubbing, the stains will come out gradually. Wash your hands using soap and water.
- Wipe your hands clean after washing.
Extra tip: Baking soda is also another way of removing Hot Cheeto stains from your fingers. Apply some baking soda on the Cheeto stains after wetting your fingers or hands.
How to remove Hot Cheeto stains from carpet
Cheetos will not just leave behind ugly smudges and stains on the fingers as this can also create unpleasant marks on all surfaces they fall on. If they ever land on your carpet, their orange powder may seem almost hard to get rid of. The good news is that there are some products you can effectively use to remove stubborn stains of Hot Cheeto.
- Fill the bucket with some cool water then mix small quantity of mild detergent or soap to prepare a cleaning solution.
- Use spray bottle to spritz the cleaning solution on the Cheeto stains.
- Let it soak for several minutes on the stains.
- Blot the stain with clean cloth. The orange stain will be transferred to the clean cloth. You can continue blotting and switching to another part of the blotting cloth.
- Add more solution then continue to blot until there is no longer any color that gets transferred to the clean cloth or you have fully removed the stain.
- If there are lingering stains, use water and mild soap to blot the area.
- Blot using clean water to rinse the area.
- Press a clean dry towel on the area to help absorb excess moisture.
- Let the area air dry properly.