Everybody loves Hot Cheetos! Who wouldn’t, anyway? But, just as much as you enjoy munching on these snacks, the stains they create are a completely different story. This is why if you happen to be a big fan of this snack, you need to learn how to remove Hot Cheeto stains in the best and most effective way possible.
Do Cheetos stain clothes
Yes, Cheetos does not only stain your fingers because it can also leave nasty marks anywhere they land, including your clothes. Once they hit your clothes or even your carpets, their orange powder may seem almost impossible to get rid of.
Cheeto stains can get quite stubborn and tough to remove. The good news is that there are some products and techniques that have been discovered to be effective when it comes to eliminating these annoying stains.
Do Cheetos stain teeth
Yes, Cheetos can stain your teeth, and that is why it is highly recommended that anyone who has just gone through a teeth whitening procedure should stay away from eating Cheetos and every other food and snack that can discolor their teeth.
Do Hot Cheetos stains hard to clean
Yes, stains of Hot Cheetos are hard to clean and tricky to remove thanks to the food coloring they are made with that comes in a bright color. Just so you know, food coloring that is in powdered, liquid, or gel form is completely harmless to use. However, most of the time, food coloring is concentrated that can easily and quickly cause stains on your clothes, carpet, and furniture.
Consider yourself luckily because most of the time, it is really not that hard to get rid of these stains and sometimes, this can be done with the use of the usual laundry supplies that are already available in your home.
Food dyes and coloring can dry off rapidly. This means that you should address the Cheetos stains right away to remove them faster and easier.
Where does Orange coloring from Cheetos come from
The dust-like orange coloring that sticks to your fingers after munching your Cheetos snacks is called CHEETLE: and it comes from an artificial coloring or dye which is derived from petroleum known as Yellow saka 6 or Sunset Yellow FCF.
Are hot Cheetos flammable
Yes, hot Cheetos is highly flammable. Although I do not know how practicable this theory is, some people do say if you pack enough Cheetos with you on a camping trip, it can keep you warm for the night instead of having to lug firewood with you. Some claim that the flammability of Cheetos is due to the presence of excessive fats and oil in the snacks. But is that true? Well, you will find out in the next section.
Why is Cheetos flammable
Contrary to the popular notion that Cheetos is flammable because of the visible flame-igniting powder you always see on the surface of the snack, Cheetos get its flammable property from fat content resulting from deep frying the greasy Cheetos snack: and this is why anytime you burn Cheetos you will see a pool of grease coming out of piles.
Therefore, those who claim that Cheetos is flammable because of the heavy presence of far and oil in its content are right.
Do salt remove Hot Cheetos stains
With its deadly staying power and dangerously cheesy flavor thanks to the food-coloring stains, the Cheetos dust tends to set super fast. Sadly, salt cannot remove stains of Hot Cheetos. What you can do instead is to use cold water to sponge the dust.
Treat this with your stain remover and wash it off. If this is not enough, you can mix one gallon of cool water and ¼ cup of chlorine bleach. Soak this for a minimum of 30 minutes. After that, rinse and wash.
How to remove Hot Cheeto stains from clothes
Stains of Hot Cheeto could ruin your light-colored clothes. Their stains can be notoriously hard and stubborn to remove because the powder has the tendency to set quite fast.
If you have noticed Hot Cheeto stains on your clothes, the first thing you need to do is sponge the affected area with cold water. Afterwards, use an effective stain remover to treat the site and wash it as usual.
If ever this is not enough to get rid of the stain, you can prepare a cleaning solution by combing one gallon of cool water with ¼ cup of chlorine bleach. You can soak your garment in the solution for a minimum of 30 minutes before rinsing thoroughly and washing normally.
How to remove Hot Cheeto stains from fingers
Every time you eat your favorite Hot Cheeto, you surely notice a change with your fingers. Hot Cheetos can leave behind that reddish orange color on your skin that definitely looks terrible.
These stains can be very stubborn because of their color. This is why it is important to take extra care whenever you eat these favorite snacks of yours.
But, aside from being careful, you can still follow some effective tips to get rid of Hot Cheeto stains from your fingers.
- The very first thing you should do after you finished eating Hot Cheeto is to wet your fingers first. It will also be a good idea to use water to rinse your entire hand. Once you are done with this, you can then use regular water to rinse your hands and easily remove excess Cheetos.
- You can now apply some baking soda on your fingers and hands. This works as an effective exfoliating agent for your fingers or hands that makes it effective to use. However, just make sure that you avoid letting it sit on your hands for a long time. You also need to check if it is suitable for your skin or not.
- Nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol can also be used on your hands if there is no baking soda available or you don’t like to use it. Rubbing alcohol can work great although nail polish remover could make your skin a bit dry.
- Another great option you can try to use is to apply hydrogen peroxide. This can work like gentle bleach and can also be applied on fingers or hands. Once again, check if this is suitable for your skin or not. Apply and rub this on your hands for a while.
- Once you are done rubbing, the stains will come out gradually. Wash your hands using soap and water.
- Wipe your hands clean after washing.
Extra tip: Baking soda is also another way of removing Hot Cheeto stains from your fingers. Apply some baking soda on the Cheeto stains after wetting your fingers or hands.
How to remove Hot Cheeto stains from carpet
Cheetos will not just leave behind ugly smudges and stains on the fingers as this can also create unpleasant marks on all surfaces they fall on. If they ever land on your carpet, their orange powder may seem almost hard to get rid of. The good news is that there are some products you can effectively use to remove stubborn stains of Hot Cheeto.
- Fill the bucket with some cool water then mix small quantity of mild detergent or soap to prepare a cleaning solution.
- Use spray bottle to spritz the cleaning solution on the Cheeto stains.
- Let it soak for several minutes on the stains.
- Blot the stain with clean cloth. The orange stain will be transferred to the clean cloth. You can continue blotting and switching to another part of the blotting cloth.
- Add more solution then continue to blot until there is no longer any color that gets transferred to the clean cloth or you have fully removed the stain.
- If there are lingering stains, use water and mild soap to blot the area.
- Blot using clean water to rinse the area.
- Press a clean dry towel on the area to help absorb excess moisture.
- Let the area air dry properly.
How to remove hot Cheetos stains from nails
Getting rid of Cheetos stains especially when it has been on the skin or cloth or any surface for a long time can be difficult, and when the stain gets through to your nail cleaning will become harder because nails have hard to get area.
To get rid of Cheetos stains from your nail, you will vinegar as it can lift stains without having to rub. Follow the steps below to guide you through the process.
- Make a solution from the mixtures of 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and a cup of warm water in a bowl.
- Dip your nail into the solution for about 8 minutes.
- Wash your hand once all the stains are completely gone under lukewarm water.
How to get rid of taki fingers
One common problem usually encountered by Cheetos fans after munching their much-loved snacks is how to get rid of the orange coloring on their fingers. If you belong to this group, I would advise that you start treating the orange discoloration almost immediately it happened because if you leave a Cheetos stain on your fingers for a long time, it will become more difficult to remove. In this section, I will discuss five simple effective ways of removing Cheetos stains from fingers.
Note: Before proceeding with any of the methods, make sure to wash your fingers with warm soapy water to help clean as much stain as possible.
Cleaning with rubbing alcohol
- Soak a cotton ball in a rubbing alcohol solution.
- Rub your discolored fingers with the dampened cotton ball continuously until the whole stain is gone.
Cleaning with toothpaste
- Apply nongel toothpaste on the discolored fingers.
- Rub the fingers with a towel or cotton ball for about 2 minutes.
- Wash the paste off your fingers once the stain is completely gone.
Cleaning with Vinegar and baking soda
- Dampen a washcloth or cotton ball in distilled white vinegar.
- Rub your fingers with the dampened cotton ball or washcloth until the stain is lifted.
Bonus: if you notice that your fingers sting while rubbing with vinegar, dilute the vinegar with water in equal parts. If the stain refuses to budge follow up with the following steps.
- Make a paste from the mixtures of 2 tablespoons of baking soda, and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Dip a washcloth or cotton ball into the paste and rub your fingers with it for about 1 minute.
- Wash off paste remnants afterward.
Cleaning with shaving cream
- Rub foam shaving cream into the stained fingers using a washcloth or cotton ball.
- Leave the cream to sit for about a minute.
- Wipe off cream residue afterward.
Cleaning with hydrogen peroxide
- Dip a cotton ball in a bottle of hydrogen peroxide.
- Rub the dampened cotton ball on the stained fingers continuously until all the stains are completely gone.
- Wash your fingers afterward with soapy water to get rid of hydrogen peroxide residue.
How to eat hot Cheetos without staining your fingers
It might surprise you to know that not all lovers of Cheetos care about learning how to eat hot Cheetos without getting their fingers stained because some of them enjoy licking their fingers after finishing the snacks.
The method to be discussed will rub them off the after-munch relished. However, if you are one of the few that would love to enjoy your Cheetos snacks without having stained fingers, I have carefully highlighted a few tips for you to follow below.
- Eat your Cheetos snacks with disposable gloves.
- Make use of a chopstick.
- Wash your fingers immediately after eating your beloved snacks.