Hair chalking is a type of hair coloring method where chalk is used to create a temporary hair color. Hair chalk is different from hair dye as it has distinct consistency and has a different mode of application. The hair chalk basically coats the hair and requires some time to air dry and get absorbed before this is eventually sealed in with flat iron. If you are a fan of hair chalking, it is important to know how to remove hair chalk stains.
Does hair chalk stain clothes
While it can be very fun and exciting to change your hair color regularly with the use of hair chalk, the bad news is that it has the tendency to stick on various materials or surfaces and these include your clothes.
Since hair chalk may spread to the material or surface it touches, this can form stains not only on your clothes but even on your upholstery and carpet. Good thing that you can remove hair chalk marks on your clothes with no to wash them, especially if the marks are only minor.
Rubbing alcohol is a recommended product you can use that can help remove hair chalk color from clothes. The following are the steps you need to follow.
- Place the garment on clean white towel.
- Use rubbing alcohol to soak the clean white cloth or towel and use it to blot the stain. You can continue to blot until there is no longer any color transfer.
- Rinse the affected area thoroughly.
Will hair chalk stain my pillow
Yes, in the same way that hair chalk can stain clothes, it is also expected that it will stain your pillow.
Does hair chalk stain hard to remove
When using hair chalk, you should never expect for your hair to feel similarly to how it feels if you dye it. In general, hair chalk could dry out your hair and create a stiff feeling. Once you have washed your chalky hair, this can wash out totally or its color might fade after one to two weeks. Thankfully, hair chalk stain is not that hard to remove as long as you deal with it right away.
Does hair chalk wash out of clothes
If you are an avid fan of hair chalk, there is a big chance that the product is going to find its way to your clothes, especially if you are not too careful during its application. Just so you know, hair chalk has more additional ingredients than normal chalk. The following are the steps you can follow to wash hair chalk out of clothes.
- Carefully brush off or shake off any loose hair chalk from the garment.
- Use laundry prewash stain remover to pre-treat the stained area.
- Wash the stained garment in the hottest temperature of water depending on the care label for the fabric. You can use chlorine bleach as long as this is safe for the garment or use color bleach if it is not. Be sure to check once more if the stains are really gone before you place the garment inside your dryer. If there are lingering stains, putting it in the dryer will only set it permanently.
- If the stain still lingers, use rubbing alcohol to sponge the area to get rid of the stain before washing the garment once again. Keep in mind that rubbing alcohol is a type of a natural stain remover you can use to remove hair chalk marks.
How to get rid of chalk stains
Once your clothes, upholstery, or carpet get affected with the bright stains of hair chalk, it is a must that you act immediately. This is to ensure that the chalk won’t spread or embed further to the fabric. The techniques described below will help you get rid of chalk stains on various surfaces so you can be sure that your carpet, walls and furniture will be stain-free.
How to get hair chalk out of carpet
Hair chalk stains on the carpet are unappealing if your carpet is light-colored.
- Vacuum most of the hair chalk as possible and ensure you don’t further spread the stain.
- Combine one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid and two cups of cool water.
- Soak a clean piece of white towel in the above solution then sponge this on the affected area.
- Blot away the stain until you fully absorb the liquid.
- Repeat steps 3 to 4 until you completely remove the hair chalk stain from the surface.
- Sponge cold water with new white cloth on the area after you remove the stain to get rid of the solution. Blot dry.
Be sure to only wet as necessary for removing hair chalk stains on carpets. If this method doesn’t work, you can use dry cleaning solvent until you get rid of the stain.
How to remove hair chalk stains from walls
Your hair chalk can usually lead to stains and mess on your walls. While it can be tempting to just paint it over, there are a few things you can do first.
Use a clean cloth and soak it with rubbing alcohol. Rub this on the stains for a few minutes. You can also use hydrogen peroxide or hair bleach for cleaning the wall. It can also help if you use water with vinegar. Bleach and water combination can also remove hair chalk stains from your walls. Just make sure that you wear old clothes and gloves, though, since bleach can also form stains. Try applying it first on a small unnoticeable part of the wall to check if it won’t cause any damages to it.
How to remove hair chalk from furniture
If you have accidentally rubbed your newly-dyed hair on your furniture, you have to act fast enough to ensure that the stain doesn’t spread or get deeply embedded into it.
- Vacuum loose hair chalk with the use a handheld vacuum or regular vacuum’s brush attachment.
- Mix one tablespoon of dish soap and two cups of cool water. Use clean sponge or cloth to soak the hair chalk stain with this solution. Use a dry towel to blot it dry until you soak up the liquid. Repeat the process as required until the stains are lifted.
- If there are lingering traces of stain, apply the affected site with dry-cleaning solvent and follow the product instructions.
- Blot the area once again using cold water then allow it to dry.