Learning how to keep your carpet smelling fresh and clean can make a big difference in your home. Clean carpets smell good and look good to give your home a nicer ambience.
Unfortunately, carpets are prone to stains. Even if you are careful, your busy day to day life means that there will always be those times when your carpets can end up with some spills and spots.
But more than the stains, carpets can also get smelly. Just like stains, smells are never fun as they can easily compromise the relaxing feeling and atmosphere of your home.
Good thing that there is no need for you to just endure these smells. There are several things you can do to keep your carpets and your whole home smelling nice and fresh.
Easy and simple home remedies to freshen up your carpets
You can breathe a new life to your carpet using a few easy ways to be sure that your home will smell as pleasant as you want it to. You also don’t need to worry since these DIY options will never require a lot of work.
- Mix 30 drops of lavender essential oil with a half cup of baking soda.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing container with holes in the lid or an old spice container if you have one.
- Sprinkle this mixture lightly over your carpet.
- Wait for 10 to 15 minutes before vacuuming your carpet the normal way. The smells should all be gone afterwards.
- Fill a spray bottle with a generous amount of white vinegar.
- Spray it on your carpet. The smell of vinegar will disappear so you don’t need to worry about that. In fact, it will absorb those bad odors that you want to eliminate.
- Allow the carpet to dry completely. You also repeat the whole process as needed.
More tips to always keep your home smelling fresh
Check out the following tips to help you ensure that your house smells fresh at all times:
- Run peels of lemon, lime, or orange through your garbage disposal to get rid of odor.
If you want to get rid of smells that come from the kitchen sink, it might be time to pay attention to your garbage disposal. The simple trick here is to use some deliciously-smelling fruit peels.
- Fill up the air with essential oils.
This one is a healthy and natural way to free your home from unwanted odors. Just take 4 to 5 drops of the essential oil then mix this with 4 ounces of water. In case there is no diffuser at home or you have no plans to buy one, all you have to do is use the good old spray bottle for spraying essential oils.
- Mix water and baking soda in a crockpot.
Did you know that your crockpot can also serve as an effective cleaning appliance for your home? Use it to cook fresh smells by setting it to low while keeping the lid off.
Enjoy fresh smelling carpets with the help of the tips and tricks above!