Just imagine that you have some kind of pain or infection in your urinary tract and you take the dosage of Pyridium to treat it. To cure your one stress, you can get another one quite easily.
Pyridium can stain your clothes and you need to go through the proper procedure to get them out of clothes fabrics. Having a stain on your clothes while you are in pain can increase the stress and discomfort to many folds.
The truth is that you don’t need to take a lot of stress as removing Pyridium stains out of clothes is not that hard. All you need to know is, how to get Pyridium stains out of clothes?
What is Pyridium made from
It is a dark violet or reddish-colored medicine that is a bit bitter in taste and usually has no odor. The main purpose of this medicine is to treat the issue and infection in your urinary tract. It can effectively cure the pain and burning effect in your kidneys or urinary tract in minimum time.
Pyridium is an effective medicine and includes ingredients such as:
- Pregelatinized Starch
- Polyethylene Glycol
- Microcrystalline Cellulose
- Magnesium Stearate
- Croscarmellose Sodium
- Carnauba Wax
Are Pyridium and Azo the same thing
Azo is also known as Phenazopyridine is a medicine that has the same function as Pyridium. It mainly acts as an effective painkiller to remove any kind of severe pain and burning from the urinary tract lining. It can be said that Azo, Pyridium, Phenazopyridine, Uricalm are all the different brand names of the same medicine.
These medicines are mainly prescribed to the patients to treat Dysuria and Interstitial Cystitis. One thing should always be considered that you should only take medicine if it is specifically prescribed by your doctor to deal with your disease or health issues.
Does Pyridium stain clothes
Like all other medicines, Pyridium also has some colors that are considered necessary to enhance the impact of medicine. No doubt, these medicines can cause stains to your clothes if spilled over. This is the reason that doctors recommend taking dosage with a special medicine cup.
You can get an idea by the fact that taking Pyridium changes the color of almost all body fluids that come in contact with it. It changes the color of urine to reddish-orange or reddish-violet color.
Does Pyridium stain permanent
Pyridium can stain your clothes but the question here is whether these stains are permanent or can be removed at any time. Well, most of the Pyridium stains can easily be removed from the clothes even if you wash them off even after a long time. It can be said that Pyridium stains can become permanent if they stay for long on normal fabrics or clothes.
As is mentioned above that Pyridium can stain almost all kinds of materials, contact lenses are most common. If you get stains on your contact lens, it may become extremely difficult to remove them entirely.
Pyridium can stain contact lenses permanently, this is the reason that experts recommended not to wear contact lenses while taking Pyridium. Pyridium can affect the colors of our tears which becomes a cause behind this staining.
Does Pyridium stain damage clothes after drying
Pyridium stains can definitely damage the clothes after they get dried. They can get immersed in the fabrics of clothes and can damage clothes in many ways. The first thing that will occur is the removal of clothes’ actual color as Pyridium have strong coloring chemicals that can leave a mark if dried off completely for a long time.
Some experts also claim that where Pyridium stains can damage the color of clothes after drying, they can sometimes affect the strength of threads or fabrics as well. Pyridium has some strong chemicals which can break the fabrics of clothes into very small pieces or make them weak enough that the cloth may get ruined while washing it off after it has been dried off for a long time.
Do Pyridium stains come out of clothes
Pyridium stain can definitely come out of the clothes if you use the right methods with the right product. Do keep this fact in mind that you should start the stain removal process as soon as you get a stain. If you let it stay for a long period of time, you may have to work a lot to remove the stain. It is also possible that stains may become impossible to remove after a long period of time.
What can remove Pyridium stains from clothes
Both home remedies and commercial products can remove Pyridium stains from your clothes. The only thing that should be considered is using the right product in the right manner.
Talking about homemade remedies, you can get help using baking soda, vinegar, corn scratch, salt, lemon, etc.
If you want to go with some commercial products that could be costly as well, you can choose from laundry detergents, dry-cleaning solvents, hydrogen peroxide, isopropyl alcohol, sodium dithionite, and many more.
How to get rid of Pyridium stains on clothes
How to get pyridium stains out of clothes with laundry detergent
- Place the stained cloth on a smooth flat surface.
- Damp a sponge or soft cloth with laundry detergent mixed with water.
- Scrub the stained area until you notice that reddish-orange or violet-orange color is not coming out of the stained cloth.
- Soak the cloth in that water for a few hours.
- Let it air dry, don’t put it directly under the sunlight.
How to get pyridium stains out of clothes with hydrogen peroxide
- Make a mixture of water and three percent of hydrogen peroxide.
- Blot a good amount of hydrogen peroxide solution with a cloth or cotton swab.
- Apply it directly to the stained area.
- Let hydrogen peroxide work for about 3 to 5 minutes without rubbing the cloth.
- Now blot the solution using a paper tissue or fresh cloth.
- Wash the cloth appropriately with cold water.
- Repeat the step if necessary.
How to get Pyridium stains off of toilet seat
In the earlier section of this article, I mentioned that Pyridium stains on toilet seats are a result of changes in the color of urine. That is an undisputed fact! But I didn’t tell you how to get rid of those unappealing stains right? Well, you better sit tight because I’m about to share with you the various ways you can get rid of those disgusting stains for good: using some of the few suggested cleaners.
Cleaning with Vinegar
- Pour vinegar in a spray bottle and spray generously on a paper towel until it is soaked with the solution.
- Cover the whole toilet seat with the pieces of dampened paper towel.
- Leave them on the seat for a couple of hours.
- Remove and scrub all stained spots using a toilet brush or a soft sponge.
- Add more vinegar and continue to scrub until all stains are lifted.
- Clean afterward with a damp cloth, disinfect the toilet and add some freshener.
Cleaning with baking soda and elbow grease
- Pretreat the toilet seat by applying a germ-killing cleaner to the toilet seat.
- Leave to sit on the surface for about 5 to 10 minutes before wiping off with a damp towel.
- Make a paste from the mixtures of 1/4 of baking soda and 50ml of warm water.
- Apply the stain on the stained surface and leave it to sit for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Scrub-stained spots with a scratch-free sponge in a circular motion. You can also make use of a toilet brush. Sprinkle water at intervals so the work surface doesn’t become too dry.
- Continue to add more paste and scrub until the whole drain is completely gone.
- Rinse off lifted stains remnants and dry afterward with a towel.
- Spray disinfectant on the surface and wipe off with a wet towel.
Cleaning with WD 40
- Spray WD 40 moderately on the stained spot.
- Leave it to sit for about 5 minutes to get the stains dissolved.
- Scrub the stained spot using a toilet brush.
- Rinse off lifted stains and dry afterward with a towel.
How to get Pyridium stains out of carpet
If you by accident, get your carpet stained with Pyridium your best bet is treating immediately with baking soda or cornstarch. Check below for details.
- Sprinkle baking soda or cornstarch on the stained spot.
- Leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes to absorb the stain and then vacuum.
- Soak a clean white cloth in a dry cleaning solvent and sponge the stain with it.
- Suck up the solvent with a dry cloth until there’s none left on the treated spot. If stain persists proceed to step 5.
- Soak a clean white cloth in this solution and sponge the stain with it.
- Suck up a solution with a dry cloth.
- Dip the dry cloth into a bowl of cold water and use it to sponge the treated spot.
- Blot dry afterward.
How to get pyridium stains off the skin
If you have pyridium stains on your skin, you don’t have to start running helter-skelter in search of possible stain removal as it can be easily removed with isopropyl alcohol. All you have to do is follow the simple steps below.
- Dampen a cotton ball with isopropyl alcohol.
- Rub on the stained part of the skin until all the stains are completely gone. 3. Rinse the treated spot afterward with warm water and soap.
Pyridium stains FAQs:
Does Pyridium stain the toilet?
Pyridium can stain toilets as it changes the color of urine. CHange in urine color can result in affecting the toilets’ paint. Although staining the toilet is possible, it can easily be removed with stain removal products such as Harpic or WD 40.
Can Pyridium stain contact lenses?
Pyridium can not only stain contact lenses but these stains can become permanent in almost all cases. They usually get affected by tears and you can prevent it by not wearing contact lenses while you are taking Pyridium doses.
How long does Pyridium stain urine?
Doctors recommended that you should not take Pyridium medicine for more than 2 days. You can only take Pyridium for a longer duration if it is specifically prescribed by the doctors. Pyridium affects the colors of your tears or urine but this staining usually doesn’t last longer than 24 hours after you quit taking Pyridium.
Does Pyridium stain teeth?
Pyridium doesn’t usually stain teeth if you drink it immediately and take a few sips of water after it. Pyridium can only stain your teeth if you keep the medicine liquid in your mouth for a bit longer. In normal usage, Pyridium can satin teeth if you take this medicine for a long period of time.
“Your home is a representation of yourself, and it should only be filled with clean items that you enjoy and use”
Professional cleaning expert