Ribena is a blackcurrant-based drink that is delicious. It has different flavors like blueberry, raspberry, orange, and strawberry.
What will happen if you accidentally spill Ribena on your clothes, carpet, or upholstery? Does Ribena stain?
The bad news is Ribena can leave tough stains which are hard to remove. The good news is we will show you how to remove Ribena stains from clothes, carpet, and upholstery. We have a secret cleaning recipe waiting for you.
What is Ribena made of
Ribena is made of so many different ingredients such as:
- Citric acid
- Vitamin C
- Sodium Gluconate (an acidity regulator)
- Polydextrose (a thickener)
- Natural blackcurrants flavoring
- Extract of hibiscus and carrots
- Sweeteners like Sucralose & Acesulfame
- 7% blackcurrant juice obtained from concentrate
Will Ribena stain
Yes, Ribena will leave stains.
Ribena is a blackcurrant-based drink and it can leave pigment-based stains on your clothes.
Ribena stain can be easily clean when it is fresh. But once it dries out, you will struggle to remove it.
Does Ribena stain clothes
Yes, Ribena will stain clothes.
It is a blackcurrant-based drink that can leave pigment-based stains on your clothes.
You need to clean the Ribena stains immediately because once they dry out, it will become very difficult to remove them.
Does Ribena stain your tongue
Yes, Ribena is made from blackcurrant and it may temporarily color your tongue when you will drink it.
But that may not necessarily happen in every case. Sometimes, Ribena stains your tongue and sometimes it does not.
You can drink water or try gargling with water to remove the Ribena stain from your tongue.
Does Ribena stain the carpet
Yes, Ribena will stain the carpet.
Ribena can go deep in the fabric of your carpet and get stuck there. Then it will leave a pigment-based stain there.
You are recommended to clean the Ribena stain immediately because it will be very difficult to remove when it dries out.
Does Ribena stain your teeth
Yes, Ribena can stain and damage your teeth.
Ribena is an acidic drink. It can damage the enamel of your teeth and also stain them.
Ribena will also expose the dentin of your teeth which is yellower and darker.
Does Ribena stain white clothes
Yes, Ribena will leave dense, pigment-based stains on your white clothes.
Like any other stains, the Ribena stains will look very noticeable on your white clothes.
It is better to clean the Ribena stains when they are fresh because they become very stubborn when they dry.
Are Ribena stains hard to remove
Yes, Ribena stains can be very hard to remove if they dry out.
Usually, it is quite easy to clean the Ribena stains when they are fresh. A simple wash with clean water might do the job for you.
However, when the Ribena stains dry out, they are more difficult to remove.
The key is to wash the Ribena stains as soon as possible. We will show you how you can remove the Ribena stains.
What can get rid of Ribena stains
You can use baking soda, dish soap, laundry detergent, cornstarch, white vinegar, and talcum powder to get rid of the Ribena stains.
How to remove Ribena stains from clothes
If you have Ribena stains on your clothes, stop worrying. Here is what you need to do to remove the Ribena stains from clothes:
Step 1 – Act immediately
Ribena stains become very stubborn when they dry out.
You should not let them dry and act immediately to remove them.
Step 2 – Remove the excess Ribena
Put your clothes under a high-pressure stream of cold water. It will flush away the excess Ribena and remove it from your clothes.
Step 3 – Use liquid laundry detergent
Create a solution of liquid laundry detergent and water. You can also use dish soap.
Apply this solution on the Ribena stain and work it into the area. Wait for 5-10 minutes.
Step 4 – Rinse the area
Use cold water to rinse the stained area and clean everything.
Step 5 – Use stain remover
Apply a stain remover gel, stick, or spray on the Ribena stain and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. This pre-treatment will help break the stain.
Step 6 – Wash it normally
Now wash your clothes with a good powerful detergent.
After the wash, inspect the clothes to make sure the stains are gone. If they are, you can dry the clothes.
If they haven’t, you can repeat this process until the stain is gone. You can also treat the stain with baking soda.
Step 7 – Dry your clothes
In the end, you should naturally air-dry your clothes.
Never put the Ribena stain in a heat dryer because it will become permanent.
How to remove Ribena stains from the sofa?
If you accidentally dropped Ribena on your sofa, you need to quickly follow these steps to remove the Ribena stain:
Step 1 – Remove the excess Ribena
Take a paper towel or clean white cloth and absorb the excess Ribena present on the surface of the sofa.
Don’t rub or press the spot because it will push the Ribena more deeply into the fabric of your sofa.
Step 2 – Use dish soap
Create a soapy solution by mixing a few tablespoons of dish soap in some water.
Now apply this solution to the Ribena stain on your sofa.
Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Step 3 – Rinse using cold water
Now you need to rinse the stained spot with cold water and blot the area with a paper towel or white cloth.
Step 4 – Add baking soda
Drop a thick layer of baking soda over the Ribena stain and leave for 10 minutes. You can also use talcum powder or cornstarch instead.
Step 5 – Rinse and dry
Now remove all the powder and rinse the area with cold water.
Let it dry.
How to get Ribena stain out of carpet?
We offer you 4 cleaning recipes to remove Ribena stains from the carpet:
1. Use shaving cream to remove Ribena stain from carpet
- Blot the Ribena stain with a wet sponge and apply a lot of shaving cream over the stain.
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now use another wet sponge to wipe the shaving cream. Then rinse the spot with cold water.
- Shaving cream is very effective against tough stains like Ribena, oil, and grease.
2. Use a mixture of split milk and cornstarch to remove Ribena stain from carpet
- Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in some split milk and mix them to form a mixture.
- Now apply it to the Ribena stain on your carpet and let it dry for a couple of hours.
- When it has completely dried and become tough & solid, you need to brush it off the carpet by using a brush.
- Vacuum the spot to ensure there’s no residue left and everything is clean. You can also wipe the spot with a damp cloth.
- Do not touch the mixture when it is wet or it will make the stain more complicated to remove.
3. Use salt and white wine to remove Ribena stain from carpet
- If the Ribena stain is wet, quickly pour a few drops of white wine over Ribena to dilute its color.
- Now take a wet sponge and start cleaning the stained area.
- After this, add a thick layer of salt over the Ribena stain and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Now use a vacuum and clean all the spots. This will remove the Ribena stain.
4. Use vinegar to remove Ribena stain from carpet
- Create a solution by mixing ½ cup of white vinegar and 2 tablespoons of salt. Apply it on the Ribena stain and rub it lightly to work the solution in the stain.
- Then let it completely dry.
- Now use a vacuum to completely clean the spot. If the Ribena stain is stubborn and dry, you can also add 2 tablespoons of borax to the solution.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Ribena that you should never miss:
Does America have Ribena?
Yes, Ribena is available in America.
Ribena is a blackcurrant-based drink and cultivation of blackcurrant is banned in America to prevent the spread of pine disease.
However, you can still find Ribena’s drink at many stores in America.
Does Ribena stain teeth?
Ribena is an acidic drink. Consuming too much Ribena can erode the enamel of your teeth and also stain them. It will also expose the dentin of your teeth and make them look bad.
Does Ribena stain your tongue?
Ribena is a blackcurrant-based drink so it may color your tongue temporarily. It may not happen necessarily in every case.
Does Ribena have caffeine?
No, the ingredients label of Rebina does not mention that it contains any amount of caffeine.
Is Ribena good for weight loss?
No, Ribena is not good for weight loss because it is loaded up with a lot of sugar.
A 500 ml bottle of Ribena will give you 60% of your daily sugar in a single go.
That’s why it will never be good for weight loss. Instead, consuming excess Ribena can increase your weight and cause other health problems due to excess sugar intake.
“Your home is a representation of yourself, and it should only be filled with clean items that you enjoy and use”
Professional cleaning expert