In recent times, there has been a spike in the demand for Bamboo plates by homeowners and the reason for the increase in demand for this dinnerware is not far-fetched. Unlike ceramics and plastic plates, Bamboo plates are not subjected to fading, cracking, or breaking when exposed to high temperatures. They are extremely durable: a typical wooden plate can last for about 1.5 or 2 years. However, despite the many benefits of this Bamboo product, it is not without its flaws.
Quite often, I have seen many users complain that Bamboo plates retain stains and would usually ask questions like, do Bamboo plates stain? Are Bamboo plates safe for babies? I will be providing detailed answers to these questions in this guide, while also proffering 4 useful tips on how to clean Bamboo plates. Every other tip centers around tip no.2 and must be properly understood for satiable result. Keep reading for details.
Are Bamboo plates dishwasher safe?
Yes, Bamboo plates are dishwasher safe. You can wash your dirty Bamboo plates inside a dishwasher without any damage to the dishwasher or your plates. This is the icing on the cake for Bamboo plates users considering the numerous benefits they enjoy from using the plate.
Are Bamboo plates safe for babies?
Yes, Bamboo plates are safe for babies. Bamboo plates have many qualities that make them suitable for use for babies. Bamboo plates are made with eco-friendly materials without the use of any harmful chemicals in their production stage. They are instead manufactured with organic, natural, and plant-based materials.
Why use bamboo plates?
Bamboo plates are now a common item you see in both local and international restaurants. When you ask people the reason for their sudden change from the conventional tableware to Bamboo plates, they will all have divergent reasons for their actions. Discussed belie are the common reasons why people prefer to use Bamboo plates.
- Compared to paper players, Bamboo plates are more durable.
- Bamboo plates are biodegradable, this is because they are made with eco-friendly materials.
- Bamboo plates are made without an iota of harmful chemicals in their composition.
- Bamboo plates can be used in any kind of setting whether it be a casual party setting or in a 5 or a stars hotel or restaurant because of their classy and elegant quality.
- Even though Bamboo plates are heavy-duty plates, they are still lightweight and will hold up better compared to their paper plate counterpart.
- Bamboo plates will make a better alternative to your paper, glass, or china plate as they can be used in similar settings with your investment guaranteed with Bamboo plates.
How long do bamboo plates last?
Bamboo plates should last for about 1.5 or 2 years.
Can you reuse Bamboo plates?
Yes, you can reuse Bamboo plates. Bamboo plates can be washed and reused several times before their expiration period. Wash your Bamboo plates after use with soap and water and use them to serve your next favorite meal.
Does Bamboo plates stain?
Yes, Bamboo plates stain. Do not be surprised that some people even after reading about the benefits of using Bamboo plates may remain unconvinced about using them. Do you know why? Because Bamboo plates are subjected to stains especially when it is oily. Do not fall into the category of these people though because there are now effective ways you can utilize to get rid of any kind of stains from Bamboo plates. You will be informed about the best cleaning method to utilize in due time.
Can you wash Bamboo plates?
Yes, you can wash Bamboo plates. It is very convenient to clean Bamboo plates because washing can be done through hand washing or by using a dishwasher. However, you should know that it is best to hand wash a Bamboo plate it is believed that doing so may extend its lifespan. Also, do not wash Bamboo played in a dishwasher unless it is stated on the label that it is dishwasher safe.
How do you clean Bamboo plates?
No matter the kind of stain you may have on your Bamboo plate, it can be readily removed by washing it with ordinary soap and water. Check below for details on how this can be effectively done.
- In a sink, make a solution from the mixtures of soap and warm water.
- Dip the dirty Bamboo plate inside the soapy water and scrub until the stains are completely gone.
- Rinse the plate in cold water and dry.
- If the Bamboo plate has silicon, remove it before drying the plate.
How to care for Bamboo plates
Knowing how best to care for your Bamboo plate will help to ensure that your dish stays clean and readily available to use. Also, with the proper knowledge about the care instruction, you will be able to enjoy your dinnerware for a long time.
- Make sure you clean your Bamboo plates after use with soap and cold or warm water.
- Make sure you use mild soap and ensure that you only use the soft side of the sponge or better still, make use of a clean cloth.
- Rinse it with warm water.
- Always remember to dry them with a clean towel or cloth after rinsing because when moisture settles on Bamboo trees for a long time, it weakens them.
You may also want to know;
Are Bamboo plates bacteria-free?
Yes, Bamboo plates are bacteria-free. So far I have been reiterating the benefits of Bamboo plates, however, I have failed to tell you that Bamboo plates do not encourage the growth of bacteria. This is because Bamboo produces negative ions that safeguard it from being affected by insects and harmful bacteria.
“Your home is a representation of yourself, and it should only be filled with clean items that you enjoy and use”
Professional cleaning expert